Believe it or not, Spring Break is right around the corner! And why go anywhere when the world comes to destinations like Copper Mountain?
Mile High Mamas is pleased to team up with popchips, an official partner of Copper Mountain, to give your family the chance to “pop to the top” and win their Secret Passes. Think: Disneyland’s fast passes where you are able to skip the lift lines. Only this is one of Colorado’s Happiest Place on Snow!
Spring Break is a fantastic time to road-trip to the mountains but the drive can sometimes be tedious (think: I-70 traffic snares). Sure, you could stuff the kids with sugar but watch out for when they crash and you’re still in the car. popchips are a family of delicious potato, tortilla, popcorn, and veggie chips popped crispy and full of flavor that aren’t fried (too greasy), not baked (too cardboard-y). They just add a little heat and pressure top ingredients and pop! It’s a chip.
popchips wants to offer you a chance to win a 4-pack of lift tickets to Copper Mountain (good through April 30, 2014), plus 1-month supply of popchips ski snacks.
Copper Mountain is For Families
If you’ve never been to Copper Mountain, here are a few highlights of this resort that is just 75 miles west of Denver.
- Ski/ride as a family. With over 150 trails across 2,465 acres, we fell in love with Copper Mountain’s varied terrain. P.S. March is Colorado’s snowiest month so be prepared for great conditions in what has already been an epic year.
- Woodward at Copper. If you’re looking for something that sets Copper Mountain apart from all the others, this is it. Touted as “the raddest place on the planet,” the Barn is a 19,400-square foot indoor playground. Read about our extreme adventure here.
- Skating. I don’t use the term “idyllic” too often but skating on Copper’s West Lake in the heart of the Village Copper is pretty darn memorable. Skating is free if you bring your own skates or you can rent them for $10 from The Woodward Cage.
- Get a rush on the Alpine Rush Zip Line. For just $10, this family-friendly zip line soars 30 feet above West Lake skating rink. You’ll travel 300 feet across the lake and reach speeds of 30 mph!
- Go tubing. Copper Mountain’s four-laned banked curves and long run-out are a fantastic time for families. No slogging up the hill here—just hop on “The Stinger,” a surface lift that whisks you to the top. Tubing is run by the hour (prices start at $26).
- Critterland. Do you have little ones under 36” in tow? They’ll love this interactive snow-play area located adjacent to the Tubing Hill in East Village. with fun snow characters, the Bearilla Snow Den’s tunnels, ropes to scale, a snowfort, mini-tubing heal and the Ducktopus Tubing Carousel.
Easter Weekend. Another great time to visit Copper Mountain is is on Easter Sunday (April 20, 2014). The resort hosts the largest Easter Egg Hunt in Colorado and over 50,000 eggs will be up for grabs in Center Village. Be sure to make a weekend of it by participating in The Color Run’s first 5k snow run on Saturday, April 19, 2014.
Feel even better about healthy snacking! If you purchase popchips at Whole Foods Market. $0.05 of every bag sold between March 12 and April 1, 2014 will go to the Whole Foods Whole Planet foundation.
Contests (yes, as in plural!)
popchips wants to help you “pop to the top” of the lift line by offering highly-coveted Secret Passes. They are valued at $30 each, and they are awarding two winners each week who will receive a pair of tickets ($60 per pair!). Be sure to enter at http://www.popchips.com/copper/.
Mile High Mamas also wants to help you get to the slopes and popchips has offered us a family four-pack of tickets and a month’s supply of popchips to give away. Be sure to enter below as many as five times.
A special thanks to popchips for partnering with us on this promotion.