Last year it seemed that there were several stores that were in a race to see who would be open on Thanksgiving. This year it seems to be quite the opposite. Stores are proclaiming loud and clear that they will NOT be open. Among the stores are TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Nordstrom, Costco, Sam’s Club, Staples, and REI. While you and the staff of these stores may have to enjoy Thanksgiving at home, you may have a chance to get your time with Santa long before then.
Denver Arts Week. November 6 – 14 is Night at the Museums and Denver Arts Week 2015. A week of events celebrating the city’s vibrant arts & culture scene. Events include Free showing of The Nutcracker by the Colorado Ballet, The Denver Art Museum (DAM) will offer free general admission during Night at the Museums on Nov. 7, 2015 from 5 to 10 p.m. This special evening offers visitors of all ages an after-hours creative art experience and access to 19 different exhibitions at the DAM. Galleries, Movies and more. There is certainly something for everyone – and it’s all FREE!
Free Days. Nov. 3 (4-8 p.m.) Children’s Museum of Denver; Nov. 7 Denver Art Museum; Nov. 13 and 14 Denver Botanic Gardens; Nov. 9 Denver Museum of Nature & Science; Nov. 13 and 19 Denver Zoo; Nov. 6 (noon-4 p.m.) Four Mile Historic Park; Nov. 14 Longmont Museum; Nov. 11 Molly Brown House Museum.
Get Organized. Simply Put Organizational Solutions for the Home, LLC has these awesome tips on how to best declutter your home. Simply Put is currently offering a special for Mile High Mamas in the Denver area, the first 2 hours of organizing support for the price of one, a $150 value for only $75. Additional hours are 20% off, or $60/hr.
Santa Arrivals. Santa arrives to much fanfare, activities and great kids fun at the following locations.
- Cherry Creek – Friday, November 6 celebrate the arrival of Santa Claus for the season at Cherry Creek Shopping Center and the official lighting of the Ice Palace from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Enjoy festive holiday music from a live DJ, milk and treats and the Original Dickens Carolers. Also, beginning Nov. 6, in conjunction with the release of the The Peanuts Movie in theaters, Cherry Creek Shopping Center will offer a unique “Peanuts” holiday experience at the Ice Palace.
- Park Meadows – Santa is ready for photos starting on November 7
- Town Center of Aurora – Santa will be ready for photos starting at 7:10 a.m. on November 7. They are also offering a fun dine with Santa on November 29 from 4 p.m .to 6 p.m. You have to be a member of the Kidgets program and rsvp.
- Outlets at Castle Rock – Join Outlets at Castle Rock for the official Holiday kickoff celebration! The party starts at 3:00pm with a FREE concert from Denver’s own Breanna Rubio, free hot cocoa, activities for the kids, and more! Santa will then make his way to the stage to light the famous Outlets at Castle Rock Christmas Tree and begin his stay in his cottage for pictures with the kids! Bundle up and join the fun Saturday, November 14th from 3-5pm!
- FlatIrons Crossing – NOVEMBER 7, 2015 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM. Prepare to fill your bellies as we celebrate the arrival of Santa Claus with a FREE breakfast provided by Eggland’s Best! Plus, enjoy a jolly mix of festivities, featuring entertainment by the Jackman Brothers and other fun activities. Join us in the Food Court.
Colorado Ballet Nutcracker Market. On November 5-8, 2015, Colorado Ballet will host the first annual Colorado Ballet Nutcracker Market in a heated tent in Skyline Park in Downtown Denver at 16th and Arapahoe Streets. The market will consist of an upscale retail market, with additional artisan and high-end craft booths. In addition to the holiday market, Colorado Ballet will host other events and activities including a kick-off cocktail party, two Breakfast with Santa events, a food court with a variety of food trucks, and live music by local chorale and music groups. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Children ages 12 and under are free. There is an additional charge for Breakfast with Santa: www.coloradoballet.org/nutcrackermarket.
CARVE Grand Opening. This new fast-casual concept launching in Denver is opening its doors on Thursday, Nov. 5. The concept, serving up mouthwatering barbecue, cooked low and slow, is donating 10 percent of its grand opening sales to the Denver Rescue Mission. In addition, the first 25 customers to arrive on opening day will win a full year of free Carve Barbecue! CARVE is also giving all opening day customers a chance to win free catering for their next Broncos party. All you have to do is join the grand opening celebration to enter. Anyone who comes in on opening day (Thursday, Nov. 5) can bring their receipt in on Saturday, Nov. 7 to receive 20% off. CARVE is located at 1000 S. Colorado Boulevard, at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and E. Tennessee Avenue. http://www.carvebarbecue.com/
Ski and Snowboard Expo. The 24th Annual Colorado Ski & Snowboard Expo opens Friday, Nov. 6 at noon at the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver. Known as Colorado’s single biggest ski and snowboard sale, shoppers arrive to make purchases on equipment and clothing with discounts ranging from 40-75 percent off. The Expo is open from noon to 10 pm on Friday, Nov. 6; 10 am to 8 pm on Saturday, Nov. 7; and 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday, Nov. 8. Representatives from Colorado resorts and other western mountain destinations will be selling season passes and lift tickets. Adding to the festive atmosphere, plenty of interactive and kids activities are included with admission.Try the high ropes course that stretches over the Expo, an introduction to the combined sport of Nordic biathlon that involves a Ski Erg machine that simulates cross-country movements to raise heart rate and then having participants drop to the ground and aim at a target with a laser rifle. Admission is $15 for adults or $12 with a discount coupon available in The Denver Post or at any Colorado Ski & Golf location or at http://www.bewisports.com/expos/boston/buy-tickets#/select. Kids 12 and under are free.
King Soopers. King Soopers has been offering the Free Friday Download for a while now. They offer great products. In the past few weeks we have received free treats for our cat, protein bar, yogurt, fruit drinks, and more.
Free Bowling. Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day and to thank the troops for their service, Bowlmor AMF, the largest operating of bowling centers in the world, is offering FREE bowling nationwide. Every veteran or active military member that comes into one of over 300 centers will receive two free games plus shoe rental.
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
Kids Eat Free Mile High Mamas has rounded up a huge listing of local restaurants where kids eat free or for a discount with a paying adult.