Kids Adventure Games
posted by: Amber Johnson
The Kids Adventure Games is an adventure challenge course designed and run especially for kids ages 6 – 14, in teams of two, involving a range of obstacles & challenges in an outdoor environment.
The age group is determined by the age of the oldest teammate (a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old will race in the 8/9 category). If the ages of teammates span more than consecutive age groups (i.e. 6/7 & 10/11-year-old) then that team will race on the day of the youngest racer in the Open Category.
Long Course (Approximately 3.5 miles in length with 15 obstacles)
- Ages 10 – 11 who have raced before
- Ages 12 – 14
- This course involves intermediate mountain biking. There will be a mandatory bike drop and a parent/athlete meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 10
Medium Course (Approximately 3 miles in length with 12 obstacles)
- Ages 8 – 9 who have raced before
- Ages 10 – 11 who have not raced before
Short Course (Approximately 2.5 miles in length with 12 obstacles)
- Ages 6 – 7
- Ages 8 – 9 who have not raced before
- Open: ages of the teammates span multiple days (i.e. 7 & 12-year-old). No prizes will be awarded in this category.