I love a good Ugly Sweater party or just to feel a bit more festive. I was so excited when I was sent a Holiday Camo skirt from Shinesty! It is so cute, I have a couple of different things I plan to wear it to already – but I may just wear to work one day, just because. They have holiday-themed suits, dresses, and pajamas and they even have underwear so if you want to keep your holiday festivity a bit more…private.
Strange World Movie. Explore the adventures beyond our world in Disney’s #StrangeWorld, only in theaters on November 23. Mile High Mamas wants to send you and your family to an advance screening on Monday, November 21, at 7 p.m. in #Denver to see it before anyone else! Just click the link to enter to win: https://forms.gle/
Thanksgiving in Denver. Thanksgiving is upon us so don’t miss our guide to where to eat your Thanksgiving dinner in Denver 2022. Also, if you have not used the Ibotta App, you can get your Thanksgiving Dinner completely free. Download these offers to your Ibotta account and then pick them up at Walmart or Target – Butterball 3 lb Turkey, Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes 24 oz, Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 8.5 oz, McCormick Gravy Mix 0.87 oz, Kuner’s Green Beans OR Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce. This is a rebate.
Thanksgiving to Go. We almost always have Thanksgiving at my sister’s house. She knows not to have it at mine. And she’s so suspect of my cooking skills I often get asked to bring ice or salad. But I do love leftovers. Instead of cooking on my own I might just to a Thanksgiving to go this year. You do have to order ahead. Here are some of the best ones:
· Boston Market – turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, apple pie or pumpkin pie for $139.99. This serves up to 12 people.
· Cracker Barrel – two turkey breasts, cornbread dressing, gravy, cranberry relish, choice of two ‘sides’, sweet rolls, pumpkin pie and pecan pie for up to ten people cost $154.99
· Sprouts – turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, kale and spinach, gravy, sauce, brioche rolls for up to eight people. Cost is $85.99
· King Soopers – turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, roles and pumpkin pie to serve eight people. Cost $80.
· Safeway – turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and rolls. Serves eight people. Cost $80. (a turkey breast dinner for two people is just $40).
· Whole Foods – turkey, green beans with shallots, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and cranberry orange sauce for four people is $109.99
Holiday Fun in Denver. We just posted two lists as long as Clark Grizwold’s string of lights, of all the fantastic ways you can meet Santa and experience holiday lights throughout Denver. Also, don’t miss the Ultimate Guide to the Holiday in Denver, Denver’s Best Holiday Markets and Craft Fairs, our Colorado Holiday Gift Guide with 50+ ideas and Denver’s 7 Best Christmas Tree Farms. Don’t forget to give back this holiday season; check out these 15 holiday toy drives in Denver.
Dominos Half Price. In our house, we always have such a hard time deciding what to make on the days leading up to Thanksgiving. We have ordered Chinese food or gotten hamburgers – because they were easy and someone else was doing the cooking. But we might reconsider this year and get a Domino’s pizza. The week of November 14-20, they are offering pizza at 50% off (offer available online or on app).
Black Friday. We are already gathering some of the best deals for Black Friday. Some stores are offering early Black Friday pricing (hello Target and JC Penney with some deals now and Walmart saying started already). If you know what you want to get someone, buy it now. While we may not have the same supply chain issues that we did in the heat of the pandemic, it still may become an issue this year.
Ski Season. Typically, Thanksgiving weekend is the last time to buy season tickets for the ski season. Several areas have opened already so you can buy your pass and use it right away! Keystone has planned the family-friendly Winter Carnival and the Lighting of River run on Saturday, November 26. The event features free live holiday music, face painting, a photo booth and enjoy free cookies, cocoa and a visit with Santa. The Magic culminates in the lighting of the tree in the heart of River Run Village.