Denver Deal: Travel and Adventure Show Discount, Free Days
posted by: Gretchen
All those great diet resolutions that you started at the beginning of the year – they may be like mine. Completely done for – in part because Girl Scout Cookies are on sale again! My faves are the tried-and-true thin mints and samosa. But I have heard the raspberries ones are amazing. Have you tried? What is your favorite?
Travel and Adventure Show. My favorite kind of celebrity is a travel celebrity. Yeah, I may sort of fan girl over Samantha Brown or Rick Steves. I also totally respect the Points Guy. He can give tips on how to get the best deals in travel – and he’ll be in Denver for the Travel and Adventure Show, February 25-26 at the Convention Center. Save $7 per ticket (making them just $9) when you use promo code DVPRIOR23.
Free Days. We have posted the list of all the free days again this year. Mark this page and make a New Year’s Resolution to go to a few of these! This week the free days are:
· February 23 – City of Aurora Open Space & Natural Resources
· February 23 – Clyfford Still Museum
· February 23 – Plains Conservation Center
· February 27 – Denver Museum of Nature & Science
National Margarita Day. National Margarita Day is Wednesday, February 22. Here are some of the best deals we have found:
· Punch Bowl Social. Enjoy $5 margaritas and $2 tacos all day Weds., Feb. 22.
· Los Chingones. Los Chingones doesn’t want just one day – but are celebrating the whole week with $5 margaritas.
· Blanco Cocina + Cantina. Offering ½ off pitchers all day long. While you’re there get some of their street corn (I dream of the stuff).
· Chevy’s. Chevy’s has a margarita flight for just $10. This includes signature, strawberry and mango!
· Chili’s and On the Border. Both Chili’s and On the Border have their premium margaritas for just $5 all day!
Elitch Gardens Pre K Pass. Little ones can ride, slide and play at Elitch Gardens all season long with the return of the Prek-K Pass. The pass gives free admission for children three to five years of age for the whole 2023 season (including Fright Fest). Parents register your kids online before May 21 at ElitchGardens.com/Season-
Prom Dress Exchange in Denver. On Saturday, March 18 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. choose from 1,500 dresses to find the dress of your dreams for only a $10 donation or another gently used outfit. Additionally, they’ll have shoes, jewelry, handbags, and hair accessories so everyone can be Cinderella on their special night. No one is turned away. Adams 12 Five Star Schools, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, Colorado. www.promdressexchange.org
REI Sale. Clearance jackets, footwear, clothing and backpacks are up to 50% off! Now is the time to get great outdoor gear on sale!
Denver Restaurant Week. I usually have a pretty tight budget where we don’t go out to eat too much. But I do love Denver Restaurant Week. That is the time I get to try restaurants that I would not normally go to. They have special deals at Denver’s Top Restaurants with menus at a tiered level of $24, $34, or $45 per person. The week is March 3-12, but many restaurants taking reservations now.
You must be logged in to post a comment.