Mackenzie Scott donates $2.8 million to Girls Scouts of Colorado
posted by: admin
Girl Scouts of Colorado received a record-breaking donation of $2.8 million from philanthropist Mackenzie Scott. The donation will support Girl Scouts of Colorado’s ongoing effort to equip girls with the tools to become the next generation of powerful female leaders. This gift is part of an $84.5 million donation, which was awarded to Girl Scouts of the USA and 29 out of 111 Girl Scout councils selected by Mackenzie Scott.
At Girl Scouts of Colorado, they’re
- reimagining the physical presence of Girl Scouting in our communities
- focusing on an equitable approach to reaching and serving more girls, removing barriers to access
- building on partnerships and programming around mental wellness
- fostering career readiness and interests in STEM and
- expanding opportunities for girls to explore and build leadership skills in the outdoors.
For over 110 years, the success and empowerment of girls have been at the forefront of everything Girl Scouts does. With nearly 2 million girls and adult members worldwide, Girl Scouts is the largest leadership organization for girls in the world.
As each generation of girls is continually navigating a changing world, Girl Scouts provides them with unparalleled leadership training, preparing them with the skills and mindset needed to tackle new challenges and anything is thrown their way–whether they want to climb to the top of a tree or the top of their class, lace up their boots for a hike or advocate for climate justice, or make their first best friends. Backed by trusted adult volunteers, mentors, and millions of alums, Girl Scouts lead the way as they find their voices and make changes that affect the issues most important to them. girlscoutsofcolorado.org