Educate kids about the environment with these books & the Colorado Environmental Film Festival (Virtual)
posted by: Mile High Mamas
Do you want to better educate your kids on how to take care of our planet? Check out these amazing books and our top picks for the Colorado Environmental Film Festival.
Best Children’s Books About the Environment
Saving the Countryside: The Story of Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. Universally known as the creator of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter also helped protect the English countryside that we know and love today
Seeds of Change: Wangari’s Gift to the World. After returning home, Wangari blazed a trail across Kenya, using her knowledge and compassion to promote the rights of her countrywomen and to help save the land, one tree at a time.
Sea Turtle Scientist. Follow the adventures of the Turtle Lady of St. Kitts as she an 800-pound leatherback sea turtle crawls out of the Caribbean surf.
My Friend Earth. Our friend Earth does so many wonderful things! She tends to animals large and small. She pours down summer rain and autumn leaves. She sprinkles whisper-white snow and protects the tiny seeds waiting for spring.
Watch The Colorado Environmental Film Festival On-demand!
The Colorado Environmental Film Festival (CEFF) is a celebration of the inspirational, educational, and motivational power of film to engage people to protect their environment–some of which are great for families! This year it will once again be held 100% virtually from February 24-March 6, 2022, Powered by Eventive, the Fest will feature a record 97 films including 13 world, 11 national, and many Colorado premieres!
Top reasons to stay home, turn on your device and attend this year’s Virtual Colorado Environmental Film Festival:•
• Introduce your kids to the environment. CEFF for Families features a collection of films, on-demand all week, that are specially programmed for families with children under 18. Watch a new film or two each day and then check out some great environmental projects you can be a part of at https://ceff.net/resources.
• Spend time with the amazing creatures and unique habitats on our planet. In Naïs In The Land of Wolves, a father and his one-year-old baby girl embark on a crazy adventure in the heart of Mercantour, the wildest national park in France, living close to nature and crossing paths with the most elusive of all animals… the wolf! Become captivated by an extraordinary leopardess with newborn cubs faced with the challenges of motherhood whilst, surrounded by fierce enemies, she has to protect her young, hunt successfully and defend her territory in Leopard Legacy.
• Watch a film made by a concerned young person. The festival features films from local young filmmakers including the EPA President’s Environmental Youth Award Winner Ayla Kanow’s film Seas of Trees!
• Learn about a new issue. Join in the free Green Bag Lunch & Learn Series all week to hear from local experts as they dig deeper into environmental issues, including a dive into one of Colorado’s most important natural resources with the Water ’22 Expert Panel on Thursday 3/3 at noon.
• Be inspired! Join the conversation with Live Filmmaker Q&A Chats or watch one of the many recorded sessions to hear the secrets and intriguing behind-the-scenes stories of the films featured in CEFF 2022.
• Take a trip to the far regions of the earth or explore closer to home. In Mapping Survival, follow the powerful story of a nomad in Chad. While advocating for the rights of her community, she has become a leader in the fight against climate change and a voice for Indigenous people across the planet. Twenty years after Colorado Parks and Wildlife reintroduced lynx to the state, Lynx: Shadows of the Forest focuses on state biologists collaborating with forest managers to ensure a sustained future for the elusive and secretive
• Explore the Images of the International Environmental Photography Exhibition. View unique winning images, exhibited online, and enjoy a dramatic virtual trip through the Serengeti with award-winning photographer Darrell Gulin on Thursday 3/3.
A full lineup and more information can be found at ceff2022.eventive.org.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. While clicking these links won’t cost you extra money, they help us keep this site up and running. See our disclosure policy.