Winter is finally in Denver and we’re here to celebrate with all the fun details of Winterfest at Gaylord Rockies Resort! Be sure to also scroll down to see our top picks for sledding in Denver, the best places for outdoor skating in Colorado and the Children’s Museum of Denver’s new ‘Snow Days attraction.
Winterfest at Gaylord Rockies Resort
At Gaylord Rockies Resort, guests are invited to experience a memorable family vacation by evoking the charm of the chilliest of seasons during the resort’s annual Winterfest. In the peak of Colorado’s frosty winter, guests can take part in arctic-inspired, family-friendly fun from January 8 through Feb. 27, 2022.
Discover fun for the whole family as you step outside and skate or tube across the ice, explore the resort on a Jack Frost-themed scavenger hunt and embrace the winter chill by taking a dip in the heated indoor and outdoor pool at Arapahoe Springs Water Park.
Weekly events and activities include:
- Glacier Point: An outdoor adventure area featuring snow tubing, ice skating, snow merry-go-round, snow drift mini golf and ice bumper cars.
- Snow Park: Glacier Point celebrates everything snow and ice. Kids (and kids at heart) will enjoy building a snow man, making snow angles or just playing in the snow.
- Winter Art Studio: Let your inner artist come to life while creating winter-inspired arts and crafts.
- Jack Frost’s Frigid Finds Scavenger Hunt: Find frosty fun around every turn in Jack Frost’s Frigid Finds Scavenger Hunt. Search high and low for clues throughout the resort to find answers to an array of polar puzzles.
- LIGHT!: Inspired by the high gusts across the Mile High City, LIGHT! is an artistic take on the wind and its effect on the landscapes of Colorado. The beauty is revealed in the ever-changing art formed by the influence and power of nature’s fury.
- Campfire & S’mores: Gather by the fire with friends and family and toast ooey gooey s’mores under the stars.
- Family Movies: Grab some snacks and spend the evening watching family-friendly movies.
- Frost’s Poolside Meltdown: Shake off the Colorado snow and defrost with your winter host and enjoy games and fun at Arapahoe Springs.
- Live Animal Encounters: In partnership with Nature’s Educators, learn about wildlife and develop a healthy respect and understanding of all animals.
- Wildlife Rescue presented by bubly™: This virtual experience guides guests to track down endangered species and help ensure they’re monitored for their protection. The adventure highlights indigenous animals and, with the magic of augmented reality, brings them to life before your eyes!
Overnight packages are available featuring special guest room rates, event tickets and resort credit. For more information about Winterfest events at Gaylord Rockies, or to book an overnight stay, packages or tickets, guests may visit GaylordRockies.com.
Winter Fun in Denver
Colorado Family Ski Guide – Compare prices and find the best Colorado family ski resorts
Need to bundle up so you can stay warm in the snow? Carter’s has the most darling character snowsuits (we love the dinosaur one), while Columbia’s top-rated unisex Powderbug Plus Li Print Snowboots are waterproof, warm and affordable. And don’t even think about venturing out in the snow without these quality N’ice Caps Kids Thinsulate Winter Snow Gloves with Ridges (and throw in some of these darling rechargeable unicorn, poop and doughnut-shaped hand-warmers into your bag just in case if you need extra warmth).
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. While clicking these links won’t cost you extra money, they help us keep this site up and running. See our disclosure policy.