National Coffee Day deals in Denver, win Addams Family 2 tix and more
posted by: Gretchen
How early do you start shopping for Christmas? I don’t usually start this early – but according to a report on NBC News, the supply chain is delayed (thanks to a combination of Covid and lack of workers to unload the boats), that one store says it will “hoard” items and not put them all out now – because when Christmas time comes along – the store will not easily replace the [toy] item.
Fall Fun in Denver. Don’t miss our guide to Colorado’s top pumpkin patches and corn mazes this fall. Also, where to find Colorado’s Best Fall Colors: Best drives, hikes, ghost towns and farms.
Addams Family 2 Movie. Everyone’s favorite spooky family is back! Enter to win ticket’s for four (4) to see THE ADDAMS FAMILY 2 in theaters! Email [email protected]
National Coffee Day. Does your day not begin until you’ve had your coffee? Maybe the best place to meet friends is the local coffee shop? Or winding down after a great meal and want to get a coffee? Any way you drink coffee it is very much a part of Americana – and National Coffee Day on Wednesday, September 29 celebrates it.
· Starbucks. Starbucks rarely gives out freebies – but this Wednesday if you bring a clean, empty, reusable cup (up to 20 oz) you will receive a free cup of Pike Place Roast brewed coffee.
· Dunkin’ Donuts. While donuts is in the name they are as well known for their coffee as their donuts so in celebration of National Coffee Day, Wednesday, September 29 DD Perks members (it’s free to join) can get a free medium hot or iced coffee with any purchase. (And maybe grab a donut while you’re there).
· McDonalds. Download the app for a 99-cent hot or iced coffee (through the end of the year – can be used once a day). Or when you use the MyMcDonalds Rewards, you earn a freebie after you make a first purchase.
· 7-Eleven. Members of their loyalty club will get a free coffee with the purchase of a baked good this Wednesday.
· Krispy Kreme. This Wednesday, get a free brewed coffee and donut, no purchase necessary. (You can also get a free glazed donut for showing a valid Covid-19 vaccination card).
· Sonic. Get the new Mocha Crunch Blast for half off in the app!
· Einstein Bros Bagels. Coffee is free every day when you order ahead it the app!
· Boyer’s Coffee. Score awesome deals for deals on coffee to brew at home! Get an 11 or 12 oz coffee for just $6.50 (saving just over 30%) or $16.50 for the Coffee Lovers’ size (2.25 lbs)
Nurture’s Fall Open House. Nurture (2949 Federal Blvd) is celebrating with an open house Tuesday, September 28 from 5:30 to 8p.m. The whole community is invited to attend the free open house event with festivities like Fitness demos; 50% off services from Hydrate IV Bar’; activities and offers from Nurture’s Wellness providers; and pop-ups including Ignite Your Aura, the Conscious Merchant, Tarot Card Reading by Tean and Tombstones, local artists and more!
Dairy Block Oktoberfest. Enjoy the fresh fall air while shopping, drinking & dining at the Oktoberfest Fall Market curated by American Field held in the Dairy Block Alley this September & October. There will be awesome merchants, entertainment as well as deals on food and drinks. The Oktoberfest Fall Market at Dairy Block will be held from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday & Saturday and noon – 5 p.m. on Sunday over two more weekends: Oct 1 – 3; & Oct 8 – 10
Hispanic Heritage Month at First Bank. Fiesta Friday starts at 1st Bank! Celebrating the contributions and history of Hispanic and Latino Americans FirstBank is offering FREE Hispanic-inspired food, treats and entertainment. For locations/times visit their website: https://efirstbankblog.com/
Jack O’Lantern Visit Hudson Gardens. Ever wonder what 5,000 magical magnificent hand-carrved pumpkins look like? (or what it would be like to light all those)? Hudson’s Garden is the place to check out a nautical sea-scape, dinosaurs, dragons or nearly any other theme-carved pumpkin. It is fun for the whole family open October 1-31. Tickets are $14.99/adult; $10,99/child.
GoodBuy Gear. I love it when a simple purchase on my side also helps my community. When you purchase GoodBuy Gear’s Diapering Collection during Diaper Need Awareness Week (Sept 27-Oct 3); 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the National Diaper Bank Network or you can help directly by shopping WeeCycle’s Amazon Baby Registry
Ski Season. Looking for great deals for the upcoming ski season? Get your season passes sooner rather than later! Most of the passes will continue to go up in price through their final sell date – which is usually right around Thanksgiving but you can usually save up to $50 by getting it earlier in the sales cycle. Plus now is the time to get the Vail Resorts the Epic School Kids Pass. This allows kids K-5th grade four days at EACH of their Colorado Resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte). Plus, a beginner ski lesson and rental equipment on that day! Details can be found here or the Colorado Ski Country’s Passport which allows 4th, 5th and 6th graders to get 4 days of skiing at each of the 21 member ski areas for just $59. Details can be found here.
Consignment Sales. Just two more sales this consignment season! October 7-10
- Just Between Friends of Loveland. Times: Thurs. 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday-Sunday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Monday 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (50% off). At The Outlets at Loveland – I-25 & Hwy 34. http://loveland.jbfsale.
- Just Between Friends of Broomfield/Brighton. Thursday (9 a.m.- 7 p.m.); Friday (9 a.m.-5 p.m.); Saturday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (50% off). At Adams County Fairgrounds, 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton. Broomfield.jbfsale.com
Broncos Deals. I cheer for the Broncos like any well-bred Coloradoan does – but it is even better when you can get a deal with it! The day after a win you can get a free donut at King Soopers, the day after any game (regular season) you can get a free 12 oz coffee at Conoco, the day after a game where the Broncos score at least one touchdown you can get a buy one get one free Arby’s Classic Sandwich or a Classic Beef n’ Cheddar.