Oktobestfest celebrations in Colorado, fall fun and other Denver deals
posted by: Gretchen
One year, in celebration of Oktoberfest, I tried to make my own pretzels. The recipe made it seem like it would be simple. But even though it might have been simple for the recipe writer, they did not turn out for me. But this time of year, I do crave a beer and pretzel (with a name like Gretchen there is no wonder I feel a certain pull to celebrate Oktoberfest). I am excited about the Oktobefest celebrations to return and to satisfy my annual cravings.
Fall Fun in Denver. Don’t miss our guide to Colorado’s top pumpkin patches and corn mazes this fall. Also, where to find Colorado’s Best Fall Colors: Best drives, hikes, ghost towns and farms. Ski Season. Looking for great deals for the upcoming ski season? Get your season passes sooner rather than later! Most of the passes will continue to go up in price through their final sell date – which is usually right around Thanksgiving but you can usually save up to $50 by getting it earlier in the sales cycle. Plus now is the time to get the Vail Resorts the Epic School Kids Pass. This allows kids K-5th grade four days at EACH of their Colorado Resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte). Plus, a beginner ski lesson and rental equipment on that day! Details can be found here or the Colorado Ski Country’s Passport which allows 4th, 5th and 6th graders to get 4 days of skiing at each of the 21 member ski areas for just $59. Details can be found here.
Oktoberfest Celebrations. Yes, I know that Oktoberfest seems like it should happen in October – but the traditional German celebration actually happens in September. And Coloradoans, we love our beers.
· Dairy Block. Enjoy the fresh fall air while shopping, drinking & dining at the Oktoberfest Fall Market curated by American Field held in the Dairy Block Alley this September & October. There will be awesome merchants, entertainment as well as deals on food and drinks. The Oktoberfest Fall Market at Dairy Block will be held from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday & Saturday and noon – 5 p.m. on Sunday over four weekends: Sept 17 – 19; Sept 24 – 26; Oct 1 – 3; & Oct 8 – 10
· Oktoberfest in Castle Rock. Castle Rock will celebrate Oktoberfest on September 18 form 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Wilcox square in downtown Castle Rock. The festival will feature German dancers, food, drink and fun for the whole family.
· Denver Oktoberfest. Denver’s festival of German fun will be back for two weekends: September 18-19 and September 25-26. German specialties will abound in the Ballpark Neighborhood.
· Parker Oktoberfest. September 17-19 O’Brien Park will feature Parker’s version of Oktoberfest!
· Highlands Ranch. Grab your fill of German food, Paulaner beer, entertainment, kids games and Dachshund races (plus human races too) on September 18.
· Golden’s Schuhplattlers Denver Kickers. Golden will host the three day Oktoberfest fun September 17-19 featuring Denver Kickers (and of course a bit of Bavarian beer and food).
· Vail Oktoberfest. Vail’s celebration goes through September 19 with beer, Bavarian music, dancing, yodeling, brat eating contest, keg bowling and stein lifting! Plus free concerts, family zone, crafts, entertainers and a kids 1K fun run.
· Breckenridge Oktoberfest. One of my favorites in the state! September 24-26 the Main Street in Breckenridge is closed to make room for all things Oktoberfest – beer, food, music, keg tapping, and kids fun.
Broncos Deals. I cheer for the Broncos like any well-bred Coloradoan does – but it is even better when you can get a deal with it! The day after a win you can get a free donut at King Soopers, the day after any game (regular season) you can get a free 12 oz coffee at Conoco, the day after a game where the Broncos score at least one touchdown you can get a buy one get one free Arby’s Classic Sandwich or a Classic Beef n’ Cheddar.
Panera Free Coffee and Customized Mug. During the month of September, Panera has partnered with Shutterfly to give you three months of free MyPanera+ Coffee and a FREE customizable mug. For details or to sign up visit here.
Littleton’s Summerset Festival. Saying goodbye to summer feels a little less difficult when you get to send warm, long days off via a festival! On Saturday, September 18 at Clement Park Littleton will bid adieu to summer with the return of Summerset festival complete with vintage/custom car show, Kidz Korner activities (jump houses, face painting, coloring contests), Music, craft brew tasting, food trucks and more.
Free Night. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science will host a free night on September 20. See our list of Denver free days in 2021.
Consignment Sales. The fall season of consignment sales has already begun. We have a full list. The next great sale will be the Just Between Friends of Douglas County sale at the Douglas County Fairgrounds on September 16-19. Mark your calendars now!