Denver Deals: Mother’s Day specials, plant sale and more
posted by: Gretchen
What is the perfect present for mom? For me, it is getting to spend time with my kids. They really are fantastic people who make me smile more than anything. If you are planning to spend time with your mom there are some great restaurant deals out there. Also, don’t miss The Best Gifts and Mother’s Day Events for Moms.
Mother’s Day Specials. Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday, May 9.
· Cook Street School of Culinary Arts. Their special Mother’s Day Brunch is on Sunday, May 9 from 10 a.m. to 12: 30 p.m. is perfect for kids to participate in making brunch! Menu includes: Petit Fours, Scones & Croissants, Croque Madame with mixes greens and Dijon vinaigrette. They have several other really fun classes coming up that could be a great date night idea.
· Outlets at Castle Rock Moms and Mimosas. On May 7 and 8, shoppers can treat moms to a well-deserved day of fun and relaxation at Outlets at Castle Rock’s returning “Moms and Mimosas.” With the purchase of a $15 ticket, attendees will receive a $10 gift card to shop, a mimosa or bar beverage (must be 21 and older; additional beverages included for a charitable donation), access to a private lounge, a goodie bag, exclusive shopping coupons, giveaway entries and more. Up to $15 will also benefit the day’s selected non-profit organization, such as Healing Warriors Program, Special Olympics Colorado and 4 Paws 4 Life. Space is limited and registration for 30-minute check-in time slots is open at www.outletsatcastlerock.
· FTD Early Mother’s Day. Do you send flowers to mom for Mother’s Day? If so, maybe you can think out sending them to her early this year (so she can enjoy them before her day, and get up to 30% off at FTD Early Mother’s Day Sale.
· Citizen Rail. The Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet at Citizen Rail will feature an omelet and prime rib station, sourdough French toast, breakfast meats, yogurt parfaits, smoked salmon benedict, a seafood platter, as well as fresh fruits and cheeses.
· Il Posto. Try a true Italian brunch with mom at Il Posto. Try the pane Italiano which is like awesome French bread made with challa bread served with maple syrup, strawberries and espresso cocoa whipped cream or the benedict con salmone.
· American Elm. If brunch at home but not cooking it is more your style, try American Elm’s kit which includes a whole quiche (spinach, artichoke, and tomatoes), breakfast potatoes, bacon or sausage, fresh biscuits with brown butter whipped cream and berries. Plus you can add on the mimosa kit!
McDonald’s Caramel Brownie McFlurry. On Tuesday, May 4 you can get a FREE regular-sized caramel Brownie McFlurry when you use the McDonalds App. You can also get the free McFlurry through April 9 if you order $15 or more on McDelivery with Uber Eats.
John Elway Chevrolet Party. John Elway is celebrating 10 years of business with food, drinks, and entertainment on Saturday, May 8 from 1 p.m to 6 p.m. at their 5200 Broadway location. And it is FREE. Entertainment includes performances by Tyler Walker and Brothers of Brass. Plus, Kids can meet Rocky from the Nuggets and get their faces painted. The emcee is Denise Plante from 106.7 The Bull.
Denver Botanic Gardens Plant Sale. This year’s sale will be online April 26-29. Then you will pick up your plants via curbside pick up May 6-9. The Garden in a Bag offering has expanded this year (thanks to popularity last year), the curated mix takes the guesswork out of garden planning (and they help with care instructions too)!
Free Fishing Weekend. Now is a great time to try fishing in Colorado! The fish are starting to bite at waters all around the state. To give everyone an opportunity to get out and get some hits, Colorado Parks and Wildlife is inviting resident and nonresident anglers of all ages to participate in its annual Free Fishing Weekend on June 5 to 6. The free fishing weekend is a great way to get outside with family and friends and take advantage of Colorado’s extensive opportunities to fish for a myriad of cold and warm water fish species.
Elitch Gardens is Open! Exciting news for thrill-seekers – Elitch Gardens has opened for the summer. The capacity will be limited to 3200 per day (about 18% capacity) and some covid protocols (yes, that means face-masks). The park is already open to pass holders and you can still get passes on sale for a limited time (normally $179.99 now only $69.99) Kids 2 and under are free.
Free Magazine Subscription. I have to admit that I love sitting outside on my deck flipping through a magazine. And even better when they come to me in the mail! I don’t often pay for my magazines. I get them through a website called RewardSurvey.com. Answer a few questions to get reward dollars which can be redeemed for free magazine subscriptions.
Krispy Kreme offers Free Donuts to Vaccinated. Any day through the rest of the year, show your vaccination card for Covid 19 and get a FREE Original Glazed Doughnut. They have a few other offers going on – Be Sweet Weekends offers a dozen donuts for just $1 when you purchase any full-priced dozen. And Every Monday through May 24, start your week with a free donut and medium coffee.
Free Days. Free days are back at some of the best museums in town. Check our list and mark your calendar.