Big News: Elitch Gardens is Reopening for the 2021 Season!
posted by: Mile High Mamas
Hang on to your hats and secure all loose articles – The thrills are back at Colorado’s only combination theme & water park. Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park has been approved by City and State officials to open for the 2021 season with new health and safety guidelines. Elitch Gardens will open to Season Pass holders on April 24th and 25th and the public on May 1st.
“After having to be closed all of last season, all of us at Elitch Gardens are extremely excited to be able to once again deliver the kind of outstanding family fun we’ve been known for over the past 130 years,” said David Dorman, Elitch Gardens General Manager.
Health and Safety Protocols
At Elitch Gardens, the health and safety of the guests and team members are the top priority. The parks COVID-19 suppression plan is designed to meet or exceed any and all guidelines set forth by the city and county of Denver, the state of Colorado, World Health Organization (“WHO”), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) and respected industry organizations such as the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the World Waterpark Association (WWA) to assure the park is a safe place to be and have fun.
Elitch Gardens has been approved for 3,200 guests at one time which is about 18% of capacity. In-park attendance will be carefully monitored and all Season Pass holders and day ticket guests will be required to make a reservation to visit. In addition:
- Guests and team members will be required to wear a face-covering while in the park. The only exceptions will be for children aged 2 and under and while guests are enjoying water attractions.
- Team members and guests will undergo a verbal screening upon arrival each day. Additionally, team members receive a temperature check.
- Elitch Gardens will routinely clean and disinfect guest and team member touchpoints, including rides, counters and other frequently touched surfaces, indoors and out.
- Signs, markers and visual queues are provided to assist guests with social distancing practices while in line at the park entrance, attractions, restrooms, food service locations and more. Park seating and other social layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing between traveling parties.
- Free hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the park and signs displayed to encourage all employees and guests to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes. Guests will be required to use hand sanitizer before boarding rides/attractions.
- All Elitch Gardens team members will be trained on COVID-19 safety protocols and safe behaviors.
Elitch Gardens is grateful for guidance from City and State officials in developing an effective COVID-19 suppression plan. The park will continue to work with them to monitor conditions, with the hope of safely adding to the capacity number in the future. For more information on Elitch Gardens’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.elitchgardens.com/update/safetyguidelines/
2021 Season Passes are available online at www.ElitchGardens.com and one-day tickets and reservations are coming soon.