April Fool’s Day pranks Denver kids will love to hate
posted by: Mile High Mamas
April Fool’s Day is almost here. Last year during the height of the pandemic when we were in homeschooling toilet-paper-shortage lockdown, I recruited my friends to text my kids, asking them about their toilet paper crafting company. At first, they were understandably confused but after a while, they started to see the humor in it and had a blast pitching various creations.
Here are some other awesome April Foll’s Day ideas!
25 April Fool’s Day Pranks, Recipes and Ideas!
1. My kids have never forgiven me for the year when I bought some succulent strawberries and dipped them in sugar…only to find out it was salt.
2. Speaking of salt, sprinkle a bit of it on your child’s toothbrushes the night before.
3. Put a couple of very small drops of food coloring on your child’s toothpaste. They won’t notice until they start brushing and their mouth turns a different color.
5. Lunch surprise. Open a small bag of Cheetos from the bottom and replace them with carrots before carefully taping it back up.
6. Open up the lid of your child’s shampoo and put a piece of Saran Wrap underneath. Nothing will come out when they go to wash their hair.
7. Grüß dich. For older kids, go in and change the language on their smartphone. Just make sure you know how to switch it back!
8. Stuff some toilet paper into the toes of their shoes so they’ll think they grew overnight. PSA: Only if you have valuable TP to spare!
7. Takedown some wall hangings and replace them with your child’s shoes. Or put them in funny places.
8. Swap the cereal in the boxes so they need to track down their breakfast in the correct box.
9. The night before, pour their cereal and milk into a bowl and freeze. The next morning, they’ll have a frozen surprise when you call them down for breakfast.
10. Turn their room upside down while they’re asleep. Everything from furniture to toys to pictures to books.
11. While they’re sleeping, adjust their alarm clock a half-hour early. This one will go over splendidly well. 🙂
12. Tell your kids to clean their room. When they do it, have a co-conspirator go in and mess it up a bit again. When you go to check their work, laugh at their reaction.
15. For a fun April Fool’s Day dinner, make meatloaf and put them in cupcake tins and wrappers and top them with colored mashed potatoes that look like frosting.