Are you still digging out from the snow? I will likely have snow in my front yard now until around May (I have a north face). I love my neighbors – between the one who lives across the street and uses his ATV to do the sidewalks up and down the street and the other neighbors who have snow blowers doing the driveways. I only had to shovel my front porch this morning. Did you have some neighbors doing some fantastic things for you? It really does take a village and I’m happy that I live in a literal village.
St. Patrick’s Day. Yes, the parade may have been canceled but there is plenty to do to celebrate the Irish holiday (besides turning the kids’ hair green – but if you want to do that go right ahead). All of these events happen on Wednesday, March 17, unless otherwise stated.
· 300 Suns Brewing – Watch Irish Dancers (6:30 p.m.), eat corned-beef and cabbage and the adults in the party can try some whisky coffee drinks.
· Clancy’s Irish Pub – Enjoy music, bagpipes, step dancers and chow on Irish foo drinks. This is set to take place outside.
· Irish Snug – This place is one of my favorites. Although I don’t know that they will have deals, I do love their a lot of their already awesome Irish menu.
· Westword Party – Westword will be hosting a party at Number Thirty-Eight complete with Wick School of Irish Dance, Raffles, Music, Bagpipes and more. There is a $10 cover charge. No reservations required.
· Q’s Pub & Grill – If you want to just enjoy the classic Corned Beef & Cabbage; a Shepherd’s Pie or a Ruben Sandwich, head over to Q’s. They will also have green beer, Irish Step Dancers and Bag Pipers.
· King Soopers & Safeway. You can always do corned beef and cabbage at home. Both stores have corned beef on sale for just $2.47/lb and 25 cents per head of cabbage! It is easy to make in the crockpot.
· Stanley Marketplace – See the performers from the Wick School of Irish Dance at 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. in their traditional dress and music. While you’re there stop by Elita they are offering traditional Irish Hand-pie (minced meat, ale, green pea, and curried veggies) or the Mondo Market who is offering Irish take-home meal for two or four. The corned beef with mustard braised cabbage, gold potatoes, glazed carrots and Irish shortbread cookies for just $40 for two.
· Steuben’s – Celebrate in house or take it home. Try Corned Beef & Cabbage or Irish Nachos and finish it up with the St. Paddy’s Shake (Non-Alcoholic option is Lucky Green Shake).
· Whole Sol – Want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, but not excited about the traditional foods what about Whole Sol’s other green options: Macha Latte; I Like You Matcha bowl; or Macha Bites.
· McDonalds – McDonald’s is offering their annual Shamrock Shake!
Safeway. Safeway runs an Extreme Value Deal. It is the same deal for two weeks. This is the second week where you can get a pot pie, Coke product, salad and bakery-fresh rolls all for just $5! You do have to buy all four items at the same time and you have to download the coupon to your card.
Ulta Beauty. Ulta is celebrating 21 days of Beauty deals and bonuses. Up to 50% off some of the top makeup and skincare brands. The deals go through Easter – and there are some great Easter Basket ideas for those eye-rolling teens that maybe think they are too old for an Easter Basket.
Ace Hardware Gets You Ready For Some Day. Do you have a wall that you have been looking at and thinking, “some day I will paint that.” Ace Hardware wants to help you get ready for “some day.” On Saturday, March 20, get a FREE sample of Benjamin Moore Paint. Plus, they are working with Sittercity to give you a free month – and even the kids will be taken care of on your “some day”
Dairy Block NT Mrkt DEN. LoDo’s Dairy Block is excited to partner with NT Mkrt DEN a special evening shopping on Thursday, March 25 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the heated Alley. It is free and open to everyone.
Spring Break in Denver. Our guide is here…and it’s bigger and better than ever with 100+ activities for Spring Break divided by geographic area. From hiking to attractions to socially-distanced indoor fun, new exhibits and so much more!
Consignment Sales. Seasonal consignment sales are back! Just in time for spring, you can get some awesome deals. Check out our full list and then mark your calendars!
Free Days. Free days are back at some of the best museums in town. Check our list and mark your calendar.