Have ‘Snow Much Fun’ in Boulder
posted by: Mile High Mamas
Downtown Boulder and the City of Boulder Parks and Recreation department have partnered to create a self-guided holiday lighting tour that’s perfect for the entire family. Take in the sites and lights throughout downtown Boulder and the Civic Area this season with beautiful lighting displays planned throughout the district from November 22, 2020 through January 10, 2021.
For even more light displays, see our Guide to the Holidays in Denver.
BOULDER’S CIVIC AREA LIGHTS
- Candy Cane Lane | Bandshell (Boulder’s Civic Area, Central Park East)
The Glen Huntington Bandshell, built in 1938, is a local historic landmark and a rare example of Art Deco architecture in Boulder. Experience the bandshell illuminated in a classic candy cane theme for the holiday season!
- Frozen Playground | Creekside Play Area (Boulder’s Civic Area, Boulder Public Library)
The Creekside Play Area is a vibrant urban park allowing children to learn and explore the natural world. Experience the park illuminated in frozen-themed colors for the winter season!
- 55 Degrees | Public Art Sculpture (Boulder’s Civic Area, Central Park West)
55 Degrees is an art project commissioned for the ever-vibrant Civic Area. Designed by Adam Kuby, the installation is a sculptural reference to Boulder’s iconic Flatirons. Experience 55 Degrees illuminated in dazzling colors during Snow Much Fun!
PEARL STREET MALL LIGHTS
- Home Team Grove | West end of the 1100 block with the Buffalo
Stop by Monarch of the Plains, the Buffalo statue on the West End of the Pearl Street Mall and root, root, root for the home team. In addition to the Buffalo recognizing our CU Buffs, we’re celebrating our Colorado Rockies, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets and the Denver Broncos. Go, Team!
- Gumdrop Lane | 1100 block, near the Split Rock and Weeping Rock
The iconic split rock on the middle of the 1100 block of Pearl is a wonderful photo op – and for the holidays your pictures will be even more vibrant with the dazzling display of candy color as your backdrop.
- Purple Rain | 1200 Block, near Lush Cosmetics
A Boulder lighting display wouldn’t be complete without a musical interlude. Celebrate the music of Prince at our Purple Rain inspired tree (singing encouraged!).
- Rainbow Bridge | Family Gathering Area Bridge, middle of the 1200 Block
You and your little ones will love running over the rainbow at the Rainbow Bridge in the Family Gathering Area.
- Holiday Bear Picture Op | Courthouse Lawn, West
Don’t miss your opportunity to grab a photo with your loved ones as a Family of Holiday Bears!
- Reindeer Family Picture Op | Courthouse Lawn, East
Your Snow Much Fun adventure wouldn’t be complete without an accompanying photo as a Family of Reindeer!
- Woodland Animals Pond | 1400 Block, near Boulder Arts & Craft Gallery
No visit to Pearl Street Mall would be complete without checking in on the woodland creatures who call this “pond” home year-around.
- Tulip Fairy Garden | 1400 Block, south of Bear Hugs
Bear Hugs mama and babies have some visitors for the holidays! Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind, hand-made Tulip Fairy Garden celebrating our spring tulips and the Tulip Fairy tradition that is very much “only in Boulder.”