10 fun reasons to spend your holidays at YMCA of the Rockies
posted by: Mile High Mamas
It’s the happiest time of the year so why not spend the holidays at one of Colorado’s happy places!?
YMCA of the Rockies has two beautiful locations: Snow Mountain Ranch has one of the best Nordic centers in Colorado and is located in Granby near Winter Park, just over 90 miles from Denver. The Estes Park Center is located just outside of the village of Estes Park, Colo., and is surrounded on three sides by Rocky Mountain National Park. It is about a five to ten-minute drive from the YMCA to downtown Estes Park and 74 miles from Denver.
YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park offers the perfect safe, festive
- DIY ornament craft kits to go
- Gingerbread house kits and decorating contest
- Cookie decorating kits to go
- Drive through Christmas Village lights displayed throughout YMCA of the Rockies
- Ice Skating at Dorsey Pond (free rentals available)
- Music, hot chocolate and cookies on Saturday mornings (Dec 12 and 19)
- Christmas storytime around the campfire lead by YMCA of the Rockies librarian (Dec 12 &19)
- Santa Visits! Pre-arrange for Santa to personally deliver your presents to your door on Christmas Eve. (*Don’t miss this long-standing tradition and guest favorite at YMCA of the Rockies!)
- With so many activities to do like sledding, roller-skating or an escape room, you’ll never get bored. Most programs and activities operate out of the Sweet Memorial Program building or the Boone Family Mountain Center. For questions about activities, please call 970-586-3341, x1104.
- Many activities are included in your stay, but some activities such as archery, the climbing wall, etc., require a fee.
Lodging includes pet-friendly private cabins or lodge rooms, and families will enjoy wide-open spaces, stunning mountain views, WiFi for working/learning remotely, and additional activities located on-site such as snowshoe rentals, guided hikes through Rocky Mountain National Park, nature programs, indoor climbing, s’mores around the campfire and more.