This mom’s genius cereal box hack goes viral
posted by: Amber Johnson
Sure, there is a worldwide pandemic that virologists are trying desperately to cure and maybe that’s what makes this revelation that much more powerful:
Becky McGhee has shone a light on the “correct” way to close a cereal box and it’s mind-blowingly easy by simply folding over the top of a cereal box.
Not only does it look much neater, it stops our beloved cereal from losing its flavor after the box pops open.
- To try it out for yourself, grab a box of cereal (or any other cardboard snack box that needs closing).
- Take both small side flaps and tuck them into the box.
- Then, take one long flap and tuck that into the box.
- Next, fold the two shorter sides of the box into a “V” shape and push them in.
- Finally, take the other long flap and tuck it into the box, making sure the flap is secured among the interior folds.
“It’s only taken me 40 years, but I now know the correct way to close a cereal box.” She admitted.
And so have the rest of us.