Deals: Oktoberfest on the Mountain, Pumpkin Festivals & More
posted by: Gretchen
I am so happy for the weather turn this week. Welcome back fall! YAY. But fall leads me to thinking about Ski Season! When do the ski areas open? Which pass am I going to get this year? And how totally cute will I look in my Skea hat or coat?
Free Music Book. Stephan Hume with Littleton School of Music is so passionate about music that he wants to send you a free copy of his book, I Fell in Love with Music. He shares how music actually saved his life and what you can do at home to help your child love music. He knows first-hand how powerful music can be in positioning a youngster for lifelong success. Go here to sign up for your free book!
Glenwood Caverns Adventure’s Oktoberfest on the Mountain. This roadtrip will be like no other with Oktoberfest, which will be held two weekends, on Saturday, Oct. 12 and Saturday, Oct. 19, when there are events for youngsters as well as the 21 and over crowd. Families can enjoy hayrides, pumpkin decorating, face painting and kid’s games with prizes from noon to 5 pm. Alpine Echo, the Roaring Fork Valley’s legendary German band will entertain audiences from noon to 4 p.m. with traditional polkas, waltzes, bierstube songs, and of course everyone’s favorite the chicken dance!All month long the Adventure Park celebrates with autumn-themed activities, and for two weekends in October it goes full-on Bavarian with German music, contests, food and more!
October 1 – (4 -8 p.m.) Children’s Museum of Denver
Broncos Deals: All summer long I took advantage of the Rockies deal at Taco Bell. There are several deals you can take advantage of this fall in relations to the Broncos.
· If the Broncos score two touchdowns you can score an original Roast Beef sandwich at Arby’s the next day for just $1! Even though they’re losing you’re winning.
· When the broncos win you can get half off a Papa John’s pizza with code: Broncos.
· King Soopers will give you a free raised or cake donut when they win.
· Get a free coffee at Conoco between 6 a.m. an d10 a.m. the day after a win.
· At Buffalo Wild Wings you can get a free appetizer with the purchase of $5 or more (dine in only) after a Broncos win.
Off Grid Expo: This weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, visit the Off Grid Expo. They will have a bunch of great vendors in the outdoor and overland industries, a cool kid-friendly section to boulder, slack line, demo ebikes, and chill in some hammocks, and there will be great food trucks, a beer garden and happy hour on Saturday from 4-5:30. Kids 12 and under are free (adults only $8).
IHOP. IHOP is already in the Halloween spirit. The new Addams Family Menu is here and right now, IHOP is offering a free Kooky Kids Combo with any adult entrée purchase from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. through November 3.
· Schweiger Ranch Fall Festival is Saturday, October 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy entertainment, petting zoo, and a hay ride.
· Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield Fall Festival. Celebrate fall at the Chatfield Farms 10-acre pumpkin patch. Get a pumpkin, see the antique tractors, pony rides, horse-drawn hay ride, maze, bouncers and more. October 11-13.
· Pumpkin Nights (I really want to go to this). October 17-November 3 nightly, visit the Adams County Fairgrounds in Brighton to see full displays of lit up pumpkins!
Ski Deals. Labor Day weekend also ushers in thoughts of the ski season. Now is the time to get your season passes! No matter where you choose to ski/snowboard.
· Vail returns with Epic School Kids FREE pass for Kindergarten through 5th graders. It includes four days of skiing and riding at each: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Crested Butte and Keystone. Plus, if you go today or tomorrow you can score a coupon for $15 off the already totally affordable Junior Trade Program. (you have to go to an Epic Mountain Gear store to get the pass).
· 5th and 6th Grade Passport. Colorado Ski Country (including most of the other Colorado Ski Areas – Arapahoe Basin, Copper, Cooper, Granby, Sunlight, Steamboat, Winter Park, Aspen, Snowmass, Monarch, Telluride, Eldora) is available for 5th graders who get three days of skiing at each of the resorts, free beginner lesson, and equipment on the day of that lesson for FREE. Sixth-Graders can take advantage of FOUR days at each of the resorts and lesson for just $110.
· Colorado Ski & Snowboard Expo. Plan ahead for the Ski and Snowboard Expo coming October 25-27 to the Colorado Convention Center. Get amazing deals on gear and lift tickets! It is the ultimate in shopping for your upcoming season!
Children’s Consignment Sales
Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ; Saturday 8 a.m.-12 p.m., 1 p.m.-4 p.m. (half-price sale)
Where: Arvada Methodist Church, 6750 Carr Street, Arvada, CO 80004
St. Philip Early Learning Center
Friday 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (white ticketed items are half-price)
Where: St. Philip Lutheran Church, 7531 S. Kendall Blvd., Littleton