Deals: Labor Day + ski deals + Elitch
posted by: Gretchen
Summer is unofficially ending after this weekend. Labor Day weekend ushers in lots of fun to top off the summer season squeezing in all that we can on a sun-soaked long weekend. But also this weekend introduces thoughts of football (going to the Buffs game AND Broncos games this weekend), cozy sweaters (hello Outlets shopping), and Pumpkin Spice Lattes (yeah, already in Starbucks). No matter if you enjoy summer or fall more – you get a bit of both this weekend!
Outlets at Castle Rock Shopping Extravaganza. September 14 is one of the best shopping days of the year at Outlets at Castle Rock. The 14th Annual Shopping Extravaganza is Colorado’s premier shop-for-a-cause event. $20 of each $30 ticket sold goes directly to your choice of participating charity. Each ticket includes access to all event activities along with one complimentary prize drawing ticket for the chance at over $75,000 in gift cards and prizes from Outlets at Castle Rock’s top brand-name stores. Tickets on sale now.
Labor Day Weekend. The unofficial end of summer has some great fun – really to leave summer with a blast of parties. Most of the fun is Saturday, August 31 – Monday, September 2.
- Taste of Colorado. The annual event at Civic Center Park boast hundreds of booths, food and awesome top-name concerts most of which is free (the food is purchased with tickets).
- Boulder Creek Hometown Festival. The festival includes juried arts, crafts vendors, The Great Zucchini Race, car show, live performances, food court, car show and DUCK RACE!
- Cabela’s. You can count on the great outdoor retailer to come up with fun for kids and adults alike. This year you can participate in ring toss, bag toss, duck pond, crafts, face painting and you can score free prizes and a free hot dog!
JC Penney $10 Kids Haircuts. Getting that perfect back to school look is easier than ever. For just $10 students K-6th Grade can get the perfect new look haircut! The promotion runs through September 15 – but you’ll need an appointment and coupon.
Gigi’s Cupcakes. Gigi’s Cupcakes has a special cupcake weekly on Tuesday for just $2.
Elitch Gardens 2020 Passes on Sale. To kick off the very special 130th Birthday in 2020, Elitch Gardens is running a flash sale its popular Season Passes! This amazing offer runs now through Friday, August 30 and includes unlimited visits for the rest of this season including the park’s annual Halloween celebration, Fright Fest, and all of 2020. Season Passes also include free parking for 2019 & 2020, one free ticket for a friend valid during the current 2019 season, free friend tickets for 2020, free concerts, free dive-in movies and, of course, participation in the park’s 130th-anniversary celebration. Passes are only $54.99 for this limited time only!
Women’s Adventure Camp at Camp Chief Ouray. Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby (part of the YMCA of the Rockies) is home to Women’s Adventure Camp, September 6-8, where you can learn outdoor adventure skills, have fun with other awesome women, and play outdoors. How to sessions include how to pack you backpack, hiking, wildlife knowledge and more. All the great things you may have remembered about camp. Archery, hiking, arts, climbing, canoeing, ropes, mountain biking, zip line, bb rifles and s’more. Register here.
Ski Deals. Labor Day weekend also ushers in thoughts of the ski season. Now is the time to get your season passes! No matter where you choose to ski/snowboard.
- Vail returns with Epic School Kids FREE pass for Kindergarten through 5th graders. It includes four days of skiing and riding at each: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Crested Butte and Keystone. Plus, if you go today or tomorrow you can score a coupon for $15 off the already totally affordable Junior Trade Program. (you have to go to an Epic Mountain Gear store to get the pass).
- 5th and 6th Grade Passport. Colorado Ski Country (including most of the other Colorado Ski Areas – Arapahoe Basin, Copper, Cooper, Granby, Sunlight, Steamboat, Winter Park, Aspen, Snowmass, Monarch, Telluride, Eldora) is available for 5th graders who get three days of skiing at each of the resorts, free beginner lesson, and equipment on the day of that lesson for FREE. Sixth-Graders can take advantage of FOUR days at each of the resorts and lesson for just $110.
Free Summer Concerts and Movies. One of the best parts about summer is being outside in the warm evenings and what could be better than a picnic in a park and free live music or a movie? Nothing! We’ve rounded up some of the best of the best in town here: Summer Concerts.