31 Jan 2019
Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the Loveland Sweetheart Festival
posted by: Guest Blogger
The nation’s Sweetheart City, Loveland, Colorado just got sweeter for Valentine’s Day with the launch of the inaugural Loveland Sweetheart Festival – Love, Locks and Light on February 8 and 9 in downtown Loveland.
For more than 70 years, Loveland has embraced sweethearts near and far and invites families and lovers across the world to gather in downtown Loveland to celebrate valentine season with love, lights and free fun for the entire family. Activities (purchase of love locks, luminarias, Snowzilla slide, beer, etc) will be additional cost and some purchases will be cash only.
- Lock your Love with the largest love lock sculpture in the U.S., sitting at over 30 feet. Attendees can purchase and lock their own Sweetheart Festival lock, expressing their love in the Sweetheart City.
- Art show at the 4th Street Gallery “Love in a Steam Punk World” organized by the Artist Collective
- Visitors Center with merchandise, love locks, and luminarias inside the 4th Street Gallery
- Art gallery walk for attendees to experience all of the art installations around downtown
- Palace of Sweets
- Beer and wine garden
- Sweetheart Classic 4 Miler ending at the festival
- Mapping projection laser shows each night
- Lost Love luminarias
- Art installations/interactive art displays
- Bands & other musical performances (see schedule below)
- Snowzilla Jr., the only one of it’s kind in the U.S. and Canada – for adults and children
- Photo booth with digital gif videos emailed to you
- Photo booth with Princesses
- Face painting
- Little Miss Valentine and Little Mr. Cupid contest (children up to age 4)
- Fire hula-hooper
Times are February 8 from 5 – 10 PM and February 9 from 2 – 10 PM. Go to lovelandsweetheartfestival.com for additional information.
You may also like