Contest: One month free salad delivery service from The Simple Jar
posted by: Julie Bielenberg
It’s amazing it has taken someone so long to invent and perfect the salad-in-a-jar delivery trend that is sweeping the national and lunchtime nosh cravings. Finally, The Simple Jar, a meal delivery service, based in Denver, is the new salad milkman for Mile High Mamas! The Simple Jar salads are delivered weekly. Customers choose from the 3-salad plan ($34.99/week) or 5-salad plan ($49.99/week). And, the packaging and colorful salads are DELICIOUS and truly stay fresh for the entire week.
I opted to sample all of their salad choices. I couldn’t wait to have an adorable salad already prepped for me each day that week. Sadly, I will have to wait, as I had to share the salads, they were that charming. I thoroughly enjoyed and couldn’t even finish the Thai Noodle salad one sitting. My husband promptly swiped The Greek when he got home that evening and let me “try” some of his salad, delicious. The ingredients are extremely fresh and the time spared on the preparation is so rewarding.
My daughter’s Troop leader is a busy mom of three with a sophomore, seventh grader and second grader. I surprised her at our local pizza spot one evening that week with The Simple Jar’s Basil Pesto salad. “Thanks for the salad delivery last night. Just ate it for lunch and it was yummy! Loved the artichoke, garlic, sundried tomatoes combo!” I am now turning into a salad giver myself.
The Simple Jar salads are delivered to the home or office within a designated delivery window each week. All salads arrive in a cooler bag with ice packs, so they remain fresh and chilled until refrigeration. In an effort to reduce packaging waste, The Simple Jar uses a system like the milkman’s; customers place their used jars, cooler bag and ice packs on their doorstep at the end of each week. The Simple Jar delivery drivers pick these up and switch them out for the current week’s salads, creating minimal work without filling up garbage and recycling bins. Heck yeah, they are eco-friendly.
Salad choices include the following:
- The Greek: Fresh Romaine hearts, cherry tomatoes, Feta marinated tofu, green bell peppers, gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta, kalamata olives, red bell peppers, diced red onions, cucumbers, lemon zest with lemon oregano dressing
- Spicy Southwest: Leafy greens, quinoa, corn, black beans, avocado and creamy chipotle dressing
- Thai Noodle: Green and red cabbage, ginger sesame baked tofu, mung bean noodles, red bell peppers, carrots, green bell peppers, jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, mint, peanuts, lime zest, and peanut dressing
- Basil Pesto: Spinach, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, olives, arugula, sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic, pine nuts, sunflower seeds and basil pesto dressing
- Simple Caesar: Romaine lettuce, gluten-free croutons, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, vegan parmesan cheese, capers, lemon zest and Caesar dressing
In keeping with the eco-friendly theme, The Simple Jar sources from local purveyors whenever possible for in-season ingredients, the handcrafted salads are made fresh and are vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. Each jar is filled with everything you need – from the dressing to the fixings. The Simple Jar is currently serving the greater Denver and Boulder area. Check www.thesimplejar.com to view the delivery zones.
Mile High Mamas is giving away one month free salad delivery service (4 weeks of 3 salads/week) for a lucky mom in The Simple Jar’s delivery zone. You may enter as many as five times below.