Deals: Free Climbing Party, Broncos Win Discounts & More
posted by: Gretchen
The new fast food healthy restaurant in Boulder, Flower Child makes me happy. I have often bemoaned the fact that healthy food isn’t always tasty food. But the myth was totally broken when I visited the restaurant. I went with a few colleagues so we could each try each other’s meals! Mother Earth and Thai Cashew Quinoa were my favorites. They mixed great flavors that were seemingly different on each bite. As a last-minute decision, we added the avocado toast which was AWESOME – and worthy of a write up on it’s own. Plus, the amazing mixed lemonades (I tried them all but filled my cup with Rose Lemonade) totally quenched my thirst in a happy way!
Colorado Energy Day. Energy Day is Colorado’s first FREE family festival on Saturday, Sept. 22 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. that showcases exhibits focused on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Energy Day will feature exciting exhibits and interactive demonstrations that will teach students and their families about various forms of energy and how through STEM education, they can find an exciting career in the energy industry. Come down to East High School and support our local schools, energy experts, and the amazing kids out there looking to learn and develop their skills in STEM education!
Smithsonian Day. Museum Day is an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on Saturday, September 22, 2018. There are several great Denver area museums including the History Colorado Center.
Consignment sales. Twice a year, Mile High Mamas does a round-up detailing Colorado’s popular children’s consignment sales. Thousands of shoppers find bargains on kids’ clothing for newborn-preteen, toys, strollers, furniture, baby equipment, books, shoes, maternity items and more…all at 50-90% below retail. The next sales:
- September 19-23. Just Between Friends of Douglas County. Thursday and Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.($2 admission) ; Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ($2 admission) ; Sunday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (half-price sale; $2 admission) at Douglas County Fairgrounds, 500 Fairgrounds Drive, Castle Rock, CO 80104
- September 19-23. Just Between Friends of Denver. Thursday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., ($4 admission) Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ($2 admission); Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (half-price sale) at National Western Complex, 4655 Humboldt Street, Denver
- September 22. Boulder County Kids Sale. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Boulder Valley Christian Church, 7100 S Boulder Road, Boulder
- September 23. Darling Doubles. 8 a.m.-1 p.m.; selected items 50% off noon-1 p.m.; $2 admission at Al Lesser Building, Adams County Fairgrounds, 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton, CO
Smallfoot Movie Screening. Smallfoot turns a myth upside down when a bright young yeti finds something he thought didn’t exist—a human. News of this “smallfoot” throws the simple yeti community into an uproar over what else might be out there in the big world beyond their snowy village, in an all new story about friendship, courage and the joy of discovery. Yeti or not! You and your family are invited to the advance screening of SMALLFOOT, on 9/22. Visit www.wbtickets.com/MHMSF to download your complimentary passes. (Passes admit up to 4 while supplies last. Passes do not guarantee admission as theater is overbooked. ARRIVE EARLY!). #Smallfoot in theaters 9/28.
All the Fall Feels. If leaf peeping (and the traffic that goes with it) isn’t your deal, but you want all the cozy fall weather fun. Visit the Fall Flea on Saturday, Sept. 29 and Sunday, Sept 30 at the Rock Drill in RiNo. The Flea features vendor and fall festivities.
Earth Treks. North America’s largest climbing gym, Earth Treks is having a Grand Opening Party this Saturday, Sept. 22 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. They’re hosting a free party for the community to come check out the new spot.The fin will include free climbing, food, drinks, and entertainment! Plus, readers of MileHighMamas.com get a super awesome deal: Visit the gym in September and receive 50% off member initiation fee AND try climbing for the first time by registering for limited-time $5 belay lessons – visit EarthTreksClimbing.com/
Ski Deals. Fall is such a great season for the mountains – probably my favorite time of year there. You can still hike and see beautiful leaves turning. But it also turns my attention to skiing. Fall is also the time to snag deals that will set you up for the whole ski season! Vail Resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge) are once again offering Epic SchoolKids a FREE pass for kids Kindergarten through 5th grade. (Available for Colorado, Utah and Whistler/Blackcomb). SKI REX is the region’s largest pre-season sale of ski stuff (equipment and apparel). The event will take place at all six Colorado Ski & Golf Locations (although I saw a sign over the one near Park Meadows that called it Epic Mountain Gear). And Colorado Ski Country is once again offering the Free 5th Grade Passport (and nominal fee 6thGrade). If you happen to have a 5th Grader – take advantage of both programs!
Red Robin. Red Robin is offering Kids Entrees for just $1.99 every Wednesday (for a limited time). Buy a burger, entrée, salad or wrap and get your kids dinner for just $1.99.
Rockies Tacos. Through October 1, you can still take advantage of the Colorado Rockies deal at Taco Bell. The deal is that you can get four tacos for just $2 after the Rockies score 7 or more runs. The promotion is only between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Broncos Win Deals. Now that the Broncos season is in full swing, so are the deals you can get with each win or game.
- McDonalds – download the app to score a Big Mac or Sausage McMuffin with Egg for just $1. This deal is available after each game, regardless of win or lose.
- King Soopers – get a raised or cake donut for FREE with SoopersCard (or app)
- Arby’s – When the Broncos score two touchdowns (win or lsoe) you can get a classic Roast Beef sandwich for just $1 the day after the game at Arby’s.
- Papa John’s – Use promo code BRONCOS to get 50% off an online order.
- Conoco – when the Broncos win so do you with a FREE coffee from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Pirate Day. Aaarg! Ye scallywags! Avast Talk like a Pirate day is September 19. We know of two deals!
- Long John Silver’s – Earn a free Deep Fried Twinkies by talking like a pirate or get a Free Fish N’Fry by dressing like a buccaneer
- Krispy Kreme – when you talk like a pirate at Krispy Kreme you get a free original glazed donut or dress like a pirate (minimum of three items – think hat, bandana, eye patch) you get one dozen original donuts. You can also virtually dress like a pirate using your Snapchat pirate filter (show the snap to get the deal).
Snarfs. In honor of the upcoming Great American Beer Fest in (GABF), Snarf’s paired five featured sandwiches with popular beer styles to create a full taste experience. BONUS: Customers with their GABF badge receive $1 off the German Dog when they visit the downtown Denver locations (891 14th Street and 555 17th Street) September 20-22 during the GABF.
Rocky Mountain Home & RV Show. The show takes place Friday, Sept. 21 through Sunday, Sept. 23 at the Broncos Stadium parking Lot. Admission is FREE. It is your one-stop shop for show-special pricing for home improvement projects and to purchase or rent RV’s.
Colorado Honey Festival. How sweet it would be for you to visit the Colorado Honey Festival Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23 at the Four Seasons Farmer’s and Artisans Market in Wheat Ridge. celebrating bees, beekeeping, and of course HONEY! Try samples, listen to music and attend presentations on beekeeping!