Deals: Tax Day, Free Days, Free Scoop Day and more!
posted by: Gretchen
I have been writing about deals for almost seven years now. I often do things or go places that I’ve written about before but forget to remind you about them. Like – shopping for hair products at Sally’s Beauty, signing up for Groupon emails so not only do you get the great deals regularly – but you also get extra discounts sometimes, looking for awesome festivals in Civic Center Park, free concerts at malls every summer, or making it an outing to free scoop days or free movie premiers. We also love to go to movies at the Alamo Draft House where we can get a meal and watch a movie. It makes it super special.
Ben & Jerry’s Free Scoop Day. Tuesday, April 10 is free scoop day at Ben & Jerry’s. Free Scoop day is the company’s way to show appreciation to their customers! Available from 12 noon to 8 p.m.
Free Movie. (again this is likely a girls night out – not for the kiddos to go with). Do you want to see I FEEL PRETTY before it hits theaters? Click on the link http://stxtickets.com/
One Book. OneBook4Colorado recently announced their book for 2018 and the winner is…Groovy Joe: Dance Party Revolution by Eric Litwin! The program gives FREE copies of the selected book each spring to 4-year-olds through Colorado public libraries and Denver Preschool Program classrooms. For preschools other than Denver Preschool Program classrooms, you may contact your local public library to see if your preschool can partner with the library in some way through this program. You can find all of the giveaway locations on the Pickup Locations page through April 23.
Free Days. We have some awesome free days coming up soon!
§ Thursday, April 12 – Colorado Railroad Museum
§ Friday, April 13 – Four Mile Historic Park
§ Saturday, April 14 – Longmont Museum
§ Monday, April 21 – First Day of National Parks Week
Tax Relief. No matter if you’ve already spent that refund money – or you’re having to pay. This year tax day means deals.
· Einstein Bros Bagels offering 20% off catering orders between 4/9 and 4/16
· Office Depot/Office Max Shredding. Clear clutter and protect privacy with free shredding services at Office Depot and Office Max. Bing up to five pounds for free (you’ll need the coupon) – now through April 28.
· Schlotzsky’s is offering a free original sandwich with purchase of 32 oz drink and a bag of chips.
· Great American Cookie is offering one free cookie for the sixth year in a row!
· Arby’s. Get free curly fries on April 18 with no purchase required. Note: This deal is only available at certain locations, so check with your Arby’s beforehand.
· Boston Market. On Tax Day, get a half-chicken individual meal with two sides, a regular fountain drink, cornbread and a cookie for $10.40.
Extra Innings? I love that the whole family can have a day of fun at the ball park when you go to a Rockies Game. You can score inexpensive tickets and we often bring our lunch or snacks into the game. Some games have AWESOME promotional items (I love the $1 hot dogs). Here is a full list of all the bonus deals you can score just by picking the right game to take the family to – we will be at the May 8 Angels game. In addition to the ticket deals, you can also score tacos for just 50 cents when the Rox score seven or more runs.
Summer at YMCA. Summer and Fall cabin reservations are open at the YMCA of the Rockies (bookings 6/1/18-11/30/18). Both Snow Mountain Ranch and Estes Park Center reservations being taken. Reserve online or by phone at 888.613.9622
· Snow Mountain Ranch— Get some thrills on the summer tubing hill, bring the pups to the new dog park, check out the brand new Spruce Saddle Adventure Zone with a bouldering wall, pendulum swing and ropes course, or go “lollygaging with llamas”— experience the fun of hiking with a llama by your side.
· Estes Park Center— Have the ride of your life on the new 370-foot zip line through beautiful Ponderosa Pines, check out the new hands-on education nature center and two-story indoor climbing wall at Boone Family Mountain Center, sign older youth up for new teen backpacking camps available this summer, or visit during Fall Fest weekends to enjoy pumpkin painting, s’mores around the campfire, square dancing, and more.