Deals: Highpoint Creamery, Free Days, Tax Relief Deals
posted by: Gretchen
I scream, you scream…we all scream for ice cream. Some people I know say the beginning of summer is the start of the Colorado Rockies season (which starts this week) – but I always say it is when I start craving ice cream. Every. Day! I was excited to be invited to Highpoint Creamery as they do their Grand Opening (this week also).
Ben & Jerry’s Free Scoop Day. Tuesday, April 10 is free scoop day at Ben & Jerry’s. Free Scoop day is the company’s way to show appreciation to their customers! Available from noon to 8 p.m.
Miracle Season Movie. You and a guest are invited to an advance screening of THE MIRACLE SEASON! Follow this link: http://www.gofobo.com/
Free Days. We have some awesome free days coming up soon!
- Tuesday, April 3 – Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield Farms& Children’s Museum from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 6 – Clyfford Still Museum (Free every Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Saturday, April 7 – Denver Art Museum
- Sunday, April 8 – Denver Botanic Gardens
- Monday, April 9 – Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Tax Relief. No matter if you’ve already spent that refund money – or you’re having to pay. This year tax day means deals.
· Einstein Bros Bagels offering 20% off catering orders between 4/9 and 4/16
· Office Depot/Office Max Shredding. Clear clutter and protect privacy with free shredding services at Office Depot and Office Max. Bing up to five pounds for free (you’ll need the coupon) – now through April 28.
· Schlotzsky’s is offering a free original sandwich with purchase of 32 oz drink and a bag of chips.
· Great American Cookie is offering one free cookie for the sixth year in a row!
· Arby’s. Get free curly fries on April 18 with no purchase required. Note: This deal is only available at certain locations, so check with your Arby’s beforehand.
· Boston Market. On Tax Day, get a half-chicken individual meal with two sides, a regular fountain drink, cornbread and a cookie for $10.40.
Consignment Sales. We have a comprehensive list of great consignment sales. Here are the ones coming up this week:
· April 4-8. Just Between Friends of Douglas County
Thursday and Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (half-price sale) at Douglas County Fairgrounds (500 Fairgrounds Drive, Castle Rock, CO 80104)
· April 4-8. Just Between Friends of Denver
Thursday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., ($4 admission); Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ($2 admission); Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Sunday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m (half-price sale) at National Western Complex (4655 Humboldt Street, Denver)
Arvada Kite Festival. One thing that is really great about a windy spring day in Denver…or Arvada to be more specific? The Kite Festival. On Sunday, April 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ages 4-10 are invited to particiate. Assemble, decorate, and take home your own kite for just $5 at Stenger Sports Complex.
Extra Innings? I love that the whole family can have a day of fun at the ball park when you go to a Rockies Game. You can score inexpensive tickets and we often bring our lunch or snacks into the game. Some games have AWESOME promotional items (I love the $1 hot dogs). Here is a full list of all the bonus deals you can score just by picking the right game to take the family to – we will be at the May 8 Angels game.
The Cherry Cricket. Denver’s restaurant and bar The Cherry Cricket announced that its second highly anticipated location will open at 11 a.m. on April 17 at 2220 Blake Street (formerly Breck on Blake). The new restaurant will bring the iconic Cherry Cricket experience that is enjoyed by guests of all ages to the Ballpark neighborhood. To celebrate the grand opening, The Cherry Cricket Ballpark will be giving away “FREE Frings for Life” cards to 50 lucky guests when they visit the new Ballpark location during opening week (roughly April 17-24). Leading up to the big day, The Cricket will be giving away a few of these cards through its social media channels as well, so fans are encouraged to follow the restaurant on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for a chance to win.
Summer at YMCA. Summer and Fall cabin reservations open at the YMCA of the Rockies at 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 4, 2018 (bookings 6/1/18-11/30/18). Both Snow Mountain Ranch and Estes Park Center reservations being taken. Reserve online or by phone at 888.613.9622
· Snow Mountain Ranch— Get some thrills on the summer tubing hill, bring the pups to the new dog park, check out the brand new Spruce Saddle Adventure Zone with a bouldering wall, pendulum swing and ropes course, or go “lollygaging with llamas”— experience the fun of hiking with a llama by your side.
· Estes Park Center— Have the ride of your life on the new 370-foot zip line through beautiful Ponderosa Pines, check out the new hands-on education nature center and two-story indoor climbing wall at Boone Family Mountain Center, sign older youth up for new teen backpacking camps available this summer, or visit during Fall Fest weekends to enjoy pumpkin painting, s’mores around the campfire, square dancing, and more.