Camp: Cal-Wood’s Summer of Edventure
posted by: Guest Blogger
What’s new for 2018:
Adventure Day. Both Tent and Base Camp programs will now feature an exclusive Adventure Day program including high ropes, canoeing, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, mountain biking and more! Stay tuned. More details to come on these new additions to the Cal-Wood Camp experience.
Cal-Wood will utilize the P.R.E.S.S. Model:
- PURPOSE: Everything at Cal-Wood is intentional. Campers will learn about themselves, each other and the natural world around them.
- REALationships: Our staff are incredible. Most of them work at Cal-Wood year round. They are wise, focused, creative, fun and above all else – safe. The relationships campers build with adults and fellow campers is a strong bond they will carry for a long time.
- EPIC: We happily strive to takes things up a notch, to provide experiences you cannot find anywhere else. These moments are unforgettable and feel like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live life to its fullest.
- Self Esteem & Self Advocacy: We want our staff and campers to feel good about themselves and their accomplishments. We check in on these feelings daily, providing opportunities for positive recognition, celebration and genuine, real connections.
- Skill Development: Our many activities are not meant to be theme park attractions that they experience and move on. They are seeds to shape the skills campers want to master. Be it archery, fishing, climbing, mountaineering or creative arts – every camper can leave Cal-Wood with a new or renewed interest in developing soft and hard skills.