8 Jan 2018
Deals: Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month, Stock Show Free Day & More
posted by: Gretchen
We are already a week into the new year. This year, I didn’t decide to do any kind of resolution. Instead I have chosen a list of eighteen things I want to get done in 2018. Some of these things are super simple (I want to take a Pilates class), or pay off my credit card (I don’t really carry much of a balance), but some take a lot more….I’m going to take a big international trip. What would you put on your list of eighteen?
Exxon and Shell BOGO Ski Tickets. Buy 10 gallons or more of gas at a participating Shell or Exxon Station – Get a Buy One Get One Free Ski ticket voucher. Take that voucher to one of the participating ski resorts (Copper, Crested Butte, Powderhorn, or Sunlight). When you purchase one adult lift ticket you get one free.
Cherry Creek North Sidewalk Sale. Shake off the post-holiday blues with a little retail therapy at the InSidewalk Sale in Cherry Creek North! What better way to kick off the New Year than getting awesome deals at your favorite businesses? Don’t miss the Cherry Creek North InSidewalk Sale starting Monday, January 15 through Saturday, January 20 at over 30 participating businesses throughout the area.
IHOP All You Can Eat. Breakfast lover? We have a delicious deal for you – All You Can Eat Pancakes! To celebrate their 60th anniversary and show appreciation for you, take advantage of limitless pancakes for $3.99! Dig into unlimited orders of freshly made, world-famous Buttermilk Pancakes now through February 12th. Fulfill your pancake craving!
Denver Preschool Program (DPP) will host its 6th annual Preschool Showcase on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018 – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Dahlia Campus for Health and Well-Being (3401 Eudora St., Denver, CO 80207). The Showcase is a valuable, once-a-year opportunity for families to FIND and compare quality preschool options, DISCOVER the dollar amount they can get in tuition support from DPP, and APPLY for tuition support. Spanish translators will also be on-site to communicate these benefits. Plus, it is fun for the whole family including: Free food and refreshments; family-friendly activities and entertainment including dental screenings and story time readings; Online Preschool Locator demonstrations; and photo opportunities with a Minion or two.
Stock Show free day. The National Western Stock Show is Jan. 6-12, 2018 and will have a FREE grounds admission day on Tues. Jan 9. As a Colorado tradition every January, the National Western Stock Show attracts more than 600,000 people each year. It is the premier livestock, rodeo, and horse show in the nation, but this event brings more to Denver than just cattle and horses. It’s full of family fun and events for all ages! You can visit. nationalwestern.com for a full calendar listing.
Mammoth Lacrosse. My daughter plays lacrosse and it is a totally fun game to watch! Even better, The Colorado Mammoth have a very special Kids Take Charge game on January 13. Atult single game tickets are 25% off with promo code ADULT. Plus, all the entertainment will be aimed at the kids. Kids size fun! Visit Altitudetickets.com.
Einstein Bros. Bagels. Mondays through the Month of January, Einstein Bros wants to get your week started right. Get 13 bagels for just $7.
Pretzelmaker. Grab a pretzel at Pretzelmaker for just $1 every Tuesday through January.
Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month which means…get out there and try it!
· Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. Arapahoe Basin Ski Area will host a Safety Village in Mountain Goat Plaza on Saturday, January 13 and Sunday, January 14 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. For more information, visit www.arapahoebasin.com.
· Aspen Snowmass. Aspen Snowmass will host its annual safety week January 25-31, 2018. The week will include activities such as interactive safety booths, a ski patrol meet and greet, avalanche dogs, lift operations trivia, terrain park safety demonstrations and more. For more information, visit www.aspensnowmass.com.
· Cooper. Get your Cooper posters, rack cards and business cards with the slide in control steps. Cooper will also host an educational Safety Scavenger Hunt for children with prizes. For more information, visit www.skicooper.com.
· Copper Mountain. For the month of January, Copper will open its ski patrol duty stations for guests to come by for some free hot cocoa, some insider tips from the pros, and the possibility of meeting an avalanche dogs. Participate in the annual SafetyFest, a weekend of safe skiing and riding education, demonstrations and giveaways. For more information, visit www.coppercolorado.com.
· Crested Butte Mountain Resort.Avalanche Safety Demonstrations. Crested Butte will hold avalanche safety demonstrations weekends throughout January (depending on snow conditions). Meet the avalanche dogs weekends in January. For more information, visit www.skicb.com.
· Eldora. Learn slope-safety awareness during January. Eldora employees will be handing out Know the Your Responsibility Code stickers and cards, Smart Style stickers, and a Freestyle Terrain User’s Guide to guests every day of the month. Guests who show a knowledge and aptitude for on-snow awareness will win special giveaways donated by sponsors, and Eldora will also offer retail promotions and giveaways to raise awareness. In addition, Eldora will host a safety poster contest for kids 12 and under. For more information, visit www.eldora.
· Loveland Ski Area. Loveland Ski Area will host a safety education weekend on Saturday, January 13 and Sunday, January 14 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Guests can stop by for kid-friendly snow safety education, ski patrol demos, terrain park safety, helmet information and a Know the Your Responsibility Code challenge with prizes. There is no cost to participate, and Loveland Patrol Dogs will be on hand as Ski Patrol provides avalanche information including how to use of beacons and outdoor winter safety. Prizes will be available for guests who can recite the Your Responsibility Code. For more information, visit www.skiloveland.com.
· Monarch Mountain. Monarch will host events for guests to engage with the Your Responsibility Code, Monarch’s Ski Patrol, backcountry skiing safety tips, avalanche awareness, children’s helmet use, terrain park safety and more. For more information, visit www.skimonarch.com.
· Powderhorn Mountain Resort. Ski or ride with a professional Ski Patroller and learn some of the tools of the trade such as safety, transporting, and caring for guests on the mountain. Guests of all ages will learn about the role of ski patrol, their importance to the resort, and what it takes to work in the ski industry. Participation will cost $75 per person for two hours or $95 for four hours. For more information, visit www.powderhorn.com.
· Sunlight Mountain Resort. Sunlight Safety Day (March 3) includes a free testing clinic, educational safety booths and discounted pricing on 2018/19 lift tickets. For more information, visit www.sunlightmtn.com.
· Telluride. Telluride will host events and activities designed to educate skiers and riders about safety. Events will include an avalanche dog demonstration, a children’s safety poster contest, visits to local schools for safety talks, a Safety Bingo Scavenger Hunt, “Know Before You Go” avalanche education classes and more. For more information, visit www.tellurideskiresort.
· Winter Park Resort. Winter Park Resort will host a contest during January for local elementary through high school children to take part in a special poster contest. Students will create a poster depicting some aspect of the Your Responsibility Code. On January 19, the winners of the contest will be announced in a ceremony at West Portal, and on January 26, the winners will get a chance to be a “Patroller for a Day” with Winter Park’s Professional Ski Patrol. For more information, visit www.winterparkresort.com
· Wolf Creek Ski Area. Wolf Creek’s annual safety poster contest will invite elementary, junior and high school students to illustrate one or more aspects of the Your Responsibility Code. Posters will be displayed in the Base Camp Building where the illustrations will be voted on by Wolf Creek staff and guests. First through third place winners will be awarded a free ski day with immediate family members. For more information, visit www.wolfcreekski.com.
You may also like
Contest: Harvest Farm Fall Festival Bridges Family Fun and Addiction Awareness
Appreciate Who You See in the Mirror: Wife of Denver Broncos Player Shares Struggles with Postpartum Depression
35 family-friendly events in Denver this week
¡CUBA’s lively exhibit opens at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!