3 Oct 2017
Deals: Pumpkin Patches, Family Play Festival & More
posted by: Gretchen
I was in Las Vegas last week for work. My parents went on Sunday (they didn’t go to the concert and they are fine) – but I’m just curious how parents talk to kids about events like the shooting in Las Vegas? Do you tell your kids about it? Do you hope school will discuss it?
Pumpkin Patches: Starbucks is not the only one that loves a little pumpkin. There are some great and fun deals at pumpkin patches across Colorado.
· Colorado Pumpkin Patch. There is one more special Mile High Mamas Days at the patch on Sunday, Oct. 15. Anyone who visits us at 4600 E. Hwy 86 in Castle Rock from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Oct. 15 and says they’re with MHM can get in for $8.50/person…PLUS each get a small pumpkin to take home. You have the option of upgrading to a larger, carving pumpkin for a few extra bucks. Normal admission is $9.50 for adults ($11 for kids in mid-October), so the $8.50 rate with a pumpkin is a great deal! Kids 2 and under are free. Or try the Family Pass: One day use for 4 people (any age), 4 drinks (any size), and 1 pumpkin ($5 value). This is a great value at $38 to save families cash when they visit. If you really love pumpkins try the Season Pass: Unlimited admission from Sept. 23-Oct. 29. $20/person, regardless of age.
· Four Mile Historic Park Pumpkin Harvest Festival. Saturday and Sunday, October 7 & 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. enjoy the free festival that features pie eating, pumpkin bowling, music, dancing, games, arts & crafts, wagon rides and a pumpkin patch. Admission is free – but there will also be a few goodies and activities at a minimal fee.
· Festival of Scarecrows. Saturday October 7 Olde Town Arvada presents the 21st annual Festival of Scarecrows from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Olde Town Square. Bring costumed kids for the parade, get through the corn maze, find your perfect pumpkin and vote for your favorite scarecrow.
· Pumpkin Fest. Enjoy Pumpkin Fest on Saturday, October 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fairmount Park with FREE pumpkins, pancakes, hay rides, music and bouncy castle.
· Schweiger Ranch Fall Festival. On Saturday, October 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. enjoy the free event that includes music, petting zoo, hay ride, maze and of course, pumpkins!
Family Play Festival. The Free Family Play Festival will take place at the Boulder Public Library (1001 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder) onSaturday, October 7 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The FREE event provides over 30 hands-on activities that encourage development of early literacy skills while engaging both the child and caregiver in unique and fun activities. Activities are focused on children birth to 5 years of age – but all are welcome.
FabFitFun Box. I may have mentioned before that I am a sucker for those monthly boxes in the mail with great products. Only, I honestly can’t afford that MONTHLY. That is a lot. So I was super excited when I found FabFitFun. It is only quarterly and packed full with fun stuff. Plus, with the code PUMPKINSPICE you will get $10 off your first box.
YMCA of the Rockies. Wednesday, October 4 is the first day you can make reservations for a cabin at the YMCA of the Rockeis and Snow Muntain Ranch for dates between December 1 and May 31. This includes holiday week/ends. Fun at Snow Mountain Ranch includes cross country skiing, fat bikes, ice skating, sledding & tubing, snowshoeing and sleigh rides as well as roller skating, archery, climbing wall, crafts, swimming and more! Plus the Spruce Saddle Adventure zone with is new this year!
Progresh. Progresh is an all new indoor action sport training facility with a focus on youth development through participating in sports and the community. With tumbling, skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, freerunning and lots more! They teach pre-school classes for kids under 5! They do offer memberships, but you DO NOT have to be a member to use our facility. Our memberships are there to make our facility more affordable when you use it regularly. Or just try it out with the 20% discount coupon that can be printed or shown on a phone for drop-in classes and services.
Broncos Fans. When the Broncos play you can get a couple deals: a free Conoco coffee from 6 a.m to 10 a.m. the day following a game, score a Big Mac or a Sausage McMuffin with egg for just a $1 with the app or if the Broncos score 2 or more touchdowns get an Arby’s classic for just $1. Go Broncos!
Avalanche Family Night. Family Nights are back at Pepsi Center! Bring the whole family to Colorado Avalanche games this season and get 4 tickets, 4 chicken tenders and 4 Pepsis for only $120! Grab your Family Night package today!
Winter is Coming. No, I’m not talking about the line from Game of Thrones. I’m taking about the awesome deals that you can get for yourself and your kids in the fall for the upcoming ski season.
· Vail Resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Keystone) are once again offering their Epic School Kids. Four free days at each of the resorts, one beginner ski lesson and equipment on the day of the lesson. You need to take your kids to a Ski and Golf/Ski and Sport/Boulder Sport location along with proof of them being in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. This is only available through this Sunday (Oct 8) so get it NOW.
· Colorado Ski Country’s Passport is back as well. Register your 5th or 6th grader for their free pass. The pass includes most of the state’s ski areas (at 21 awesome Resorts). 5th graders get to try three times at each resort, 6th graders pass has a very minimal fee (of just $105) but you get 4 times at each of the resorts. The pass also includes a beginner level lesson and equipment on the date of that lesson.
· Junior Trade lets you score a deal on rental gear for kids. Purchase a used setup (both ski and snowboard setups available) at Colorado Ski and Golf (Ski and Sport OR Boulder Ski Deals) locations for around $100 use it all season long. Feel free to trade it back in if the kids grow out of it mid-season. Then, bring it back in the spring for 50% money back.
Arc Thrift Store. If you don’t want to spend a cauldron-full of cash – Arc Thrift Stores is THE place for your Halloween costume. Stores are full of Halloween must-haves: makeup, masks, gowns, hats, capes, and more. Costumes for kids, grown-ups, even pets. All items are 50 percent off on Saturdays (excluding current color tags and green tags). Plus, they have tons of spooky and fun decorations to make your home festive for a party and for all those trick or treaters.
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out
You may also like