How to make homemade waffle cones and bowls!
posted by: Amber Johnson
Nothing says summertime fun quite like ice cream! In case you missed Melissa’s feature last week about her favorite ice cream recipes of all-time, go here.
Our summer got even better (and our popularity grew) with our family’s newest edition: CucinaPro’s Waffle Cone & Bowl Maker! Forget those stale cones from the grocery store: we can now make waffle cones and bowls in just 2 minutes! The process is soooooo unbelievably easy and a perfect project for kids.
The surface is nonstick and easy to clean and the roller and bowl-shaper for your waffle creations is also included. We’ve found the waffle bowl to be a lot easier to mold than the cones and we’ve a fun time experimenting with fillings. Here are our favorites so far:
- Ice cream or yogurt (duh)
- Fruit cups
- S’mores campfire cones
- Fried chicken. (Trust me, fried chicken and these waffle cones = deliciousness)
- Waffle cone cake pops. How cute would it be for your next party to make the cones and top them with cake pops?
Waffle cone batter is super simple with basic ingredients sugar, eggs, butter, milk, flour, and vanilla.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 Tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Tip: Add cinnamon or vanilla to your batter to make your cone even more sweet and delicious
- Plug in waffle cone make to heat up.
- Mix together flour and salt in small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar for one minute.
- Add flour mixture, butter and milk and stir until combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and pour it on the center of the waffle cone maker
- Close the waffle cone maker and set your timer for 2 minutes.
- Use a silicone spatula to remove waffle cone and immediately use the roller or bowl press so the cone can dry in the shape you would like.
- Waffle cone: Take the hot waffle off of the waffle cone maker and lay on parchment paper/wet the edges a small amount and roll with the cone-shaped roller. Hold it together and press until dry. It will harden into a cone.
- Waffle bowl: Take the hot waffle and place on top of lower bowl and press top bowl down over it. Let sit for 2 minutes while your next waffle cone is cooking. After 2 minutes, take out and the bowl should be hardened into a bowl. If condensation occurs on the bowl press, wipe with paper towel.
- Fill with ice cream and enjoy.
The CucinaPro would make a super fun party favor or birthday gift! Available for purchase on Amazon and cucinapro.com. Retail Price: $34.95.