Denver Guide to Outdoor Summer Concerts 2017
posted by: Gretchen
Nothing says summer in Colorado more than a cool night sitting on the grass listening to one of our amazing local bands rock the night away under the stars. Bring the family, bring the neighbors, bring the cooler and the picnic basket. They are almost every day of the week and they are FREE!
Denver City Park Jazz – June 5 to August 7 at 6 p.m.
On Havana Street Rose Garden Summer Concert Series – May 30 to August 22 at 6 p.m.
Greenwood Village Concerts at the Crescent – June 6 to August 1 at 7 p.m.
Coohills’ Beats on the Creek Summer Concert Series – June 20 to August 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Evergreen Lake Summer Concert Series – June 7 to August 30 at 5 p.m.
Bands on the Bricks in Boulder – June 7 to August 9 at 7 p.m.
Streets of Southglenn Dancing in the Streets – June 14 to August 23 at 6:30 p.m.
Littleton Concert Series – June 17 to July 26 at 7 p.m.
Northglenn Summer Concert Series – July 19 to August 23 at 6:30 p.m.
Parker Concert Series – June 1 to July 27 at 6 p.m.
Littleton Foothills Entertainment Series – June 1 to July 27 at 7 p.m.
FlatIron Crossing – June 1 to August 10 at 6:30 p.m.
Highlands Ranch Summer Concert Series – June 8 to July 27 at 6:30 p.m.
Stapleton Concert Series – June 15 to August 3 at 6:30 p.m.
Englewood Sounds of Summer Concerts – June 15 to August 3 at 6:30 p.m.
Thornton’s Twist and Shout Summer Concerts – June 15 to August 10 at 7 p.m.
Arvada APEX Summer Concert Series – June 22 to July 20 at 7 p.m.
Sounds of Southlands – June 22 to August 17 at 6 p.m.
Longmont Museum Concert Series – June 22 to July 20 at 6:30 p.m.
Music on the Plaza at Belmar – June 2 to August 25 at 6 p.m.
Louisville Downtown Street Faire – June 9 to August 11 at 5 p.m.
Boulder Twenty Ninth Street Live! – June 3 to August 26 at 6:30 p.m.
The Orchard Town Center Concerts – June 3 to August 26 at 6:30 p.m.
Stapleton Concerts on the Green – June 10 to August 12 at 7 p.m.
Of course, not all things in life are free but they’re still worth checking out! Denver.org rounded up an impressive list of concerts this summer.
RED ROCKS SUMMER CONCERT SERIES
No summer in Denver is complete without at least one — or two, or five — trips to the awe-inspiring Red Rocks Amphitheatre, just 15 miles from downtown Denver. More than 70 million years in the making, the 9,450-seat venue is flanked by enormous 300-foot red sandstone rock formations and always boasts a star-studded musical schedule. Also, don’t miss Film on the Rocks, a collaborative production of the Denver Film Society and Denver Arts & Venues that was created to provide an affordable opportunity for the community to enjoy films and live entertainment. A few family-friendly choices include Rogue One, The LEGO Movie and Twister.
A few highlights of the 2017 lineup:
- Sat., June 10: Big Head Todd and The Monsters with Collective Soul
- Tues., June 13: Chicago & The Dobbie Brothers
- Wed., June 14: Norah Jones
- Fri.–Sun., June 23–25: Widespread Panic
- Wed., June 28, 2017: Paul Simon
- Mon., July 24: Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
- Mon., Aug. 28: Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
- Mon., Sept. 4: Foreigner with Cheap Trick
- Mon., Sept. 18: Muse with Thirty Seconds to Mars and PVRIS
PEPSI CENTER CONCERTS
Rock, pop and country’s biggest stars often make a stop at Pepsi Center — a major sports arena that’s right in the heart of the city. When the center isn’t hosting basketball’s Denver Nuggets, hockey’s Colorado Avalanche or lacrosse’s Colorado Mammoth, you can catch killer music acts here year round.
A few highlights of the summer 2017 lineup:
- Sat., June 10: New Kids on the Block
- Thurs., June 29: Styx and REO Speedwagon
- Sat., July 15: Brad Paisley
- Wed., July 19: John Mayer
- Fri., July 21: Neil Diamond
- Tues., Aug. 15: Ed Sheeran
- Fri., Aug. 25: Depeche Mode
SPORTS AUTHORITY FIELD AT MILE HIGH CONCERTS
WHEN: June–August, select dates
In town during summer but still want to get a peek at the Denver Broncos’ famed home stadium? A summer concert at Sports Authority Field at Mile High might be just the ticket. Big-name acts take to the open-air stage as music carries on the Colorado breeze above the storied gridiron for a concert experience you won’t forget.
Summer 2017 concert lineup:
- Wed., June 7: Metallica
- Wed., Aug. 2: Guns N’ Roses
- Sat., Aug. 12: Justin Bieber
ELWAY’S TASTE & TUNES SUMMER MUSIC SERIES
WHEN: Wednesdays, mid June–mid August (Backyard opens at 5 p.m., music runs from 5:30–9:30 p.m.)
Head to the Backyard at Elway’s Cherry Creek every Wednesday this summer for Elway’s Summer Music Series. Enjoy free music from some fantastic bands (including some of the area’s best tribute bands), cocktails, the restaurant’s signature menu and beautiful Colorado evenings. DJ Tanner spins from 5:30–6:30 p.m. and bands start at 7 p.m.
ELITCH GARDENS THEME & WATER PARK SUMMER CONCERTS
Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park is not only a great, family-friendly attraction with roller coasters, water slides and more — it also offers an excellent concert series. All concerts are free with admission to the park.
Summer 2017 lineup highlights:
- Sat., June 3: Skillet
- Sun., June 18: Los Huracanes del Norte
- Sat., June 24: R5
- Sat., July 22: Jacob Sartorius
- Sat., July 29: Vince Neil
- Sun., Aug. 6: La Maquinaria Nortena
- Sat., Aug. 12: Forever In Your Mind
DENVER BOTANIC GARDENS SUMMER CONCERT SERIES
Denver Botanic Gardens is a lush oasis located in the heart of The Mile High City, with hundreds of rare and lovely species of plants populating the grounds. But it’s also home to a stellar summer concert series. The lawns surrounding the stage are general admission, so bring a blanket or lawn chair along with a bottle of wine and a picnic dinner and enjoy the great music in an unparalleled setting. Word to the wise: virtually all Botanic Gardens concerts sell out — so get your tickets early!
Here is a sampling of the 2017 lineup:
- Thurs., June 1: Taj Mo’: The Taj Mahal and Keb’ Mo’ Band
- Wed., July 12: Natalie Merchant
- Wed., July 19: Mary Chapin Carpenter and Sarah Jarosz
- Tues., Aug. 1: Stephen Stills & Judy Collins
- Thurs., Aug. 10: José González
HUDSON GARDENS SUMMER CONCERT SERIES
WHEN: Sundays, June–September
Hudson Gardens is known for presenting some of the best touring artists in the world in a picturesque natural setting, and the 2017 season is shaping up to be one of the most dynamic and exciting yet! All seating is general admission, so bring a blanket or low-back chair. You can bring your own food, or visit one of the many local food trucks that will be dishing out eats during the shows.
Summer 2017 concert lineup highlights:
- Sun., June 11: Loverboy & Survivor
- Sun., June 18: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
- Tues., July 4: Firefall
- Tues., July 18: Donny & Marie
- Sun., July 23: Gladys Knight
- Fri., July 28: Chris Isaak
- Sun., Aug. 6: Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Sun., Aug. 20: Kool & The Gang
- Sun., Aug. 27: The B-52s
FIDDLER’S GREEN AMPHITHEATRE SUMMER CONCERTS
Grab a blanket and take a seat on the lawn or buy a reserved seat at this beautiful venue just south of Denver in Greenwood Village. Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre has a variety of acts coming up this spring and summer.
A few highlights of the 2017 lineup:
- Mon., June 5: John Mellencamp
- Tues., July 4: Train with O.A.R. and Natasha Bedingfield
- Sun., July 16: Blondie and Garbage with John Doe and Exene Cervenka
- Wed., Aug. 9: Green Day with Catfish and The Bottlemen
- Fri., Aug. 18: An Evening with Idina Menzel
- Sat., Sept. 2: Dierks Bentley with Cole Swindell and Jon Pardi
- Sat., Sept. 9: OneRepublic with Fitz & The Tantrums and James Arthur
WHEN: July–August 2017
The Levitt Pavilion is a new, state-of-the-art amphitheater in Ruby Hill Park that was created as a gift to the community. This outdoor venue plans to host a slew of free concerts every summer, and a few ticketed events, too. Bring a blanket and a picnic, kick back on the lawn and enjoy artists from a wide range of genres.
Summer 2017 lineup highlights:
- Thurs., July 20: Slim Cessna’s Auto Club with Halden Wofford & the Hi Beams and Andy Thomas’ Dust Heart
- Fri., July 21: UB40 Legends Ali, Astro & Mickey with Matisyahu and Raging Fyah (ticketed event)
- Sun., July 30: Making Movies
- Thurs., Aug. 3: The Suffers with The Other Black
- Fri., Aug. 4: John Fullbright with The Drunken Hearts
- Wed., Aug. 9: Hippo Campus
- Thurs., Aug. 24: Gaby Moreno
DICK’S SPORTING GOODS PARK
WHEN: September 1–3, 2017
This Labor Day weekend concert series has been an annual tradition since 2011. Join Phish and fans at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park for three nights of outdoor jams, dancing and an end-of-summer celebration.