8 May 2017
Deals: Mother’s Day Deals, Free Days and More!
posted by: Gretchen
If only I can be half the person my mom is – I would be doing awesome. Really, the woman does everything! So, what do you do for the person who has everything, can do/has done everything? Spend time. As a mom of young kids all I wanted was a respite from the screaming, time-needy babies. Now, as they are teenagers, all I want is for them to spend a few undivided hours with me – and as my mom describes it, now she craves that time even more. So, when you are STUCK on what to get mom this year. Think of giving her the gift of your time.
Mother’s Celebrated at Outlets of Castle Rock. Outlets at Castle Rock is proud to celebrate Colorado moms who ROCK with nearly two weeks of Mother’s Day-themed activities. Starting May 1 and running through May 12, coloring cards and art supplies will be available at Customer Service for kids 12 years old and younger to write a message or draw a picture depicting why their mom rocks. This artwork can then be shown at Customer Service to receive a $5 gift card to be put towards the purchase of a Mother’s Day gift. AND The coloring cards serve a dual purpose – the back holds an invite for mom to attend a ‘Mom’s & Mimosas’ event on Saturday, May 13. From 10AM-12PM, each and every Colorado mom is invited out for a day of pampering, fun and shopping. The FREE event will feature Mimosa tastings (for ages 21+), breakfast burritos and pastries, a free chair massage, prize drawings benefiting Special Olympics Colorado, a display of the hottest spring items, gift bags stuffed with goodies from participating stores and more!
Mother’s Day Deals (Mostly Food)
· Kneaders. Kneaders Bakery and Café, one of the country’s premier fast-casual restaurants and retail shops, is celebrating Mother’s Day with a special offer to thank moms for all of their hard work. On May 13th, from 7 – 11 a.m., every family that purchases one ALL YOU CAN EAT CHUNKY CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST entree will be able to treat mom for free!
· Einstein Bros Bagels. Buy mom a $25 gift card get $5 for yourself…or your mother in law.
· Uncorked Kitchen. I actually like cooking. It is all the planning, shopping and clean up that I don’t really like. That is why Uncorked Kitchen is a fun option for someone like me on Mother’s Day. Plus, when you enter MILEHIGH at checkout for Mother’s Day classes on Saturday you will get a free mimosa.
· Punch Bowl Social. Treat mom to food AND fun. Mom gets a complimentary mimosa plus, Mom’s brunch is completely free if she bowls a strike on her first attempt. The over-the-top brunch buffet from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Then, serenade Mom in a private karaoke room or team up to play games. The buffet is $25 for adults, $12 for kids age 6-12, and free for kids 5 and under. Call 303-765-2695 for reservations.
· Vesta. Moms are encouraged to step up the wine game with a complimentary White Sangria (on Sunday only).
· 5280 Burger Bar Moms try the special Build Your Own Mimosa Bar. Enjoy a selection of various fresh juices and fruits to mix with bright, effervescent Prosecco for a classic Mother’s Day indulgence. And of course, every mother’s first mimosa is complimentary. Not into mimosas? Treat Mom to a Colorado craft beer, specialty cocktail, or boozy milkshake instead. P.S. They all pair well with the awesome burgers.
· Olive & Finch Cherry Creek On Mother’s Day, all moms will be gifted a trio of housemade macarons. (try some of the amazing food from Chef/mom Mary Nguen – This is one of my personal favorite places.
· Ace Eat Serve in Uptown starting at 2pm on Sunday May 14 to celebrate mom. Bonus for all moms visiting Ace; one hour of free ping pong. They have some great food items and one of the best kids’ menus in town.
· Ocean Prime will be offering a special menu for Mother’s Day 10:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, May 14, 2017. (The complete menu is below for your reference.) The restaurant will also be offering its dinner menu all day, and will be partnering with award-winning local chocolatier Robin Chocolates to offer all moms a special parting gift of gourmet chocolates. Reservations are required and can be made by calling: (303) 825-3663.
· The Wild Game Longmont and The Wild Game will be offering all moms a free select dessert with the purchase of any entrée.
· Garden of the Gods Collection is offering a spa package for Mom at the private club and luxury resort. The Mindful Moments Sleeping Ritual, a relaxation treatment at the brand new Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Collection, offers luxury and comfort in an incomparable sleep-encouraging experience. This 80-minute treatment is now 20 percent off, and available to book by calling (719) 520-4988.
prAna Discount. To celebrate spring, prAna is offering Mile High Mamas readers a special discount for most everything you can find at prAna.com. If you think prAna is just for yoga, take a look — you might be surprised that you can wear your prAna for so many other activities and situations, including dressing up. So go ahead and shop the prAna site for yourself. After you’ve made your selections , enter this code at checkout to get 15% off: MHMS17LH. Hurry — the code is valid only until May 19
Free Days: We have updated our list of free days at area facilities. Here are two highlights this week. Wednesday, May 10 – Colorado Railroad Museum;Friday, May 12 – Four Mile Historic Park & Clyfford Still evening (5p to 8p).
Starbucks. While it may not be the Unicorn Frappuccino anymore, Starbucks is ushering in spring (and their new/return flavors) with half price fraps from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. through Sunday, May 14.
Everything Everything Movie. We all remember our first “everything”. You and a guest are invited to the special advance screening of EVERYTHING EVERYTHING on Monday, 5/15. Please visit www.wbtickets.com/EveryMama to download your complimentary passes. (Passes admit up to 2, while limited supplies last. Passes do not guarantee admission as theater is overbooked. ARRIVE EARLY!) #everythingeverything in theaters 5/19.
Keystone Science School: Summer Camps for the Adventurous Learner. Their historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for their diverse suite of programs. Their camps are designed to progress your child from being a five-year-old Stellar Day Camper to a seventeen-year-old Counselor Assistant as they inspire curiosity and critical thinking through the lens of science, which allows us to change lives and build communities. Get our exclusive discount!
Chick-Fil-A. I love a Chick Fil A Grand Opening. Thursday, May 18 at Aspen Grove the newest restaurant will open! Join for your chance to win FREE Chick-fil-A for a year! It’s simple, be the First 100 to show up at the restaurant at 6 a.m. on Wednesday morning and camp with us until we open Thursdaymorning at 6 a.m. There will be fun, food and a D.J.!
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
You may also like