We Rock the Spectrum: Gym for kids with autism
posted by: Amber Johnson
Kids with autism now have a place to engage with their peers and develop important life-skills thanks to We Rock the Spectrum Kids Gym that recently opened in Arvada.
The gym is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and fun environment to foster learning, exploration and safe sensory experiences through activities like a zip line, swings and toys.
“Through our nonprofit My Brother Rocks The Spectrum Foundation, we provide social skills groups and activities for children across the spectrum,” says owner Amy Woszcznski who opened the gym with her husband because her son is on the spectrum.
“Our activities, programs and retail location ‘The Rock Shop’ make it possible for us to provide social and physical opportunities through state funded programs. As a result WRTS is an amazing example of how we can help all children grow and develop by providing an all inclusive environment.”
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination
We Rock the Spectrum Arvada provides children with a fun and motivational environment to help them in the areas of strength, movement, sensory processing, communication, positive behavior modification, social interactions, and self-care skills. Their unique equipment assists all children in their neurological growth and development.
The gym is located at 8330 W 80th Ave, Unit 1, Arvada, CO 80005. For more information, call 303-284-3049.