FREE Night at the Museums
posted by: Amber Johnson
If you want a dose of culture in your life…on the cheap…don’t miss Denver’s FREE Night at the Museums. On Saturday November 5, 2016, Denver’s best museums are open late and admission is FREE between 5 and 10 p.m. There will also be FREE shuttles that will make it easy to explore all evening long.
African-American history comes alive through re-enactments, videos and the stories told throughout this museum in Historic Five Points.
Experience this historic landmark where expert tour guides will share the stories of this home and its residents in the 1900s.
Explore the interactive Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab to learn more about the issues of terrorism and public safety.
Visit the museum dedicated to helping children learn through play! (Adults must be accompanied by children at all Children’s Museum events.)
Experience Clyfford Still: The Works on Paper which explores Still’s life-long creative process, in addition to the permanent installations by this Abstract Expressionist artist.
Check out the Denver Art Museum’s exhibits for free, including Glory of Venice: Masterworks of the Renaissance and Shock Wave: Japanese Fashion Design, 1980s-90s.
See a special outdoor Days of the Dead exhibition, Remember, Honor, Celebrate, featuring elaborate ofrendas created by members of the Denver community to honor their ancestors.
Visit one of the “hottest,” family-friendly places in town and learn about the history of firefighting.
Discover things you never knew before in two new exhibits: Check out Extreme Mammals and Mummies: New Secrets from the Tombs, as well as the permanent exhibits.
Stroll through this one-of-a-kind collection that includes a Union Pacific ‘Big Boy’ Steam Locomotive and enjoy favorites like Amelia Earhart’s 1923 Goldbug Kissel.
Don’t miss the perfectly imperfect traveling exhibit Awkward Family Photos, and a special performance by Central City Opera.
Tour the home of Denver’s unsinkable Margaret “Molly” Brown, who was a world-renowned activist, performer and traveler. You may even see Mrs. Brown herself!
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUMS IN GOLDEN*
- Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum: View moon rocks, fossils, meteorites and gemstones.
- Foothills Art Center: Experience the festive lighting of the Center for the holiday season and try your hand at a sculpture garden scavenger hunt.
- Dinosaur Ridge: Enjoy free hands-on activities include dinosaur track painting, and for $3 charge per person, get a flashlight tour of a dinosaur tracksite.
- Golden History Center: See Epic Events, an exciting multimedia timeline of major events and discoveries that shaped Golden.
*Free transportation shuttles are not available to the Golden Museums.
MORE MUSEUMS OPEN FOR NIGHT AT THE MUSEUMS*
- Four Mile Historic Park: Wander the Park by the light o’ the moon! Tour the Four Mile House, campfire tales and more.
*Free transportation shuttles are not available to Four Mile Historic Park, Littleton Museum, the Mizel Museum or the Museum of Outdoor Art.