Contest: Harvest Farm Festival & Corn Maze for a Great Cause
posted by: Amber Johnson
There are so many wonderful harvest festivals in the Denver area so why not attend one that is also for a great cause?
Harvest Farm’s 209 acres in Wellington, Colo. may look like regular farmland, but for many it’s far more. Within the fields, stables, and barns, more than 70 men at a time can find the first steps toward a new life because this working farm doubles as a rehabilitation program for those hoping to break the cycles of addiction and homelessness. As an outreach of the Denver Rescue Mission, Harvest Farm hosts a five-part New Life Program to help impart the skills, stability and self-esteem necessary [for participants] to become productive, self-sufficient members of society.
Harvest Farm Festival & Corn Maze
Although it serves more purposes than many other farms, Harvest Farm features all the things you’d expect: crops, animals, tons of space, and an annual fall festival. From October 1-30, 2016, families flock to this event every year to celebrate the season and enjoy a full lineup of attractions, including:
· 10-acre corn maze: This fright-free, kid-friendly labyrinth boasts three separate trails ranging from easy to expert
· Hay-wagon rides: Hitched to a tractor, these guided rides are packed with facts about the farm’s operations and program participants.
· Petting zoo: Farm critters interact with guests and sign autographs in a safe environment.
· Obstacle course: A suspension bridge, tires, balance beams, and tunnels stand in the way of anyone who’s up to the challenge.
· Extras: pig races, evening campfires, a pumpkin patch, and snacks, including fresh, hand-popped kettle corn
Special this year, Harvest Farm is also hosting featured events throughout the month of October, including:
· 10/1 – Live Music & FREE Kettle Corn to the first 100 guests
· 10/8 – Broncos Day featuring Miles the Mascot & Special Dance Performances
· 10/15 – Farmer’s Market & Birds of Prey Show
· 10/16 – Birds of Prey Show
· 10/22 – Just For Kix Dance Group Performance
The Harvest Farm Festival and Corn Maze hours are Fridays & Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sundays: 12- 6 p.m. The Harvest Farm, 4240 E. County Road 66, Wellington, CO 80549
Mile High Mamas is giving away four tickets to the Harvest Farm Festival and Corn Maze. You may enter as many as five times.