Contest: Win a week at Colorado’s best outdoor adventure summer camp Avid4 Adventure!
posted by: Amber Johnson
I am frequently asked about my recommendations for the best outdoor camp for kids in the Denver area and without hesitation, I always respond Avid4 Adventure!
My kids have attended Avid4 Adventure’s camps for the past four years, where Pre-K – 11th graders of all levels learn to kayak, canoe, stand up paddleboard, rock climb, bike, hike and thrive in the outdoors. Camps are offered in Boulder, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Washington Park, Stapleton, Castle Rock and Lafayette. They also have Colorado Mountain Camp, a sleep away camp located at Windy Peak, a beautiful location near Bailey, Colorado.
- Avid4 Adventure isn’t just a camp or a school program (though their Outdoor Education School Programbrings the power of outdoor adventure to Colorado schools). It’s an authentic outdoor experience that teaches kids the skills and confidence to climb, bike, paddle, hike and thrive outdoors. Founder Dave Secunda calls it an “empowering experience meant to inspire a lifetime of outdoor participation.”
- Their counselors aren’t just teenagers on summer break–they live and breathe the outdoors. All are age 21+, certified in Wilderness First Aid and CPR and highly adept at the time-tested curriculum. And most importantly, they’re great with kids and are inspiring role models.
- Avid4 Adventure offers camps that build upon one another.
- One year, my kids did Survival camp. Last year, we did our second round of Adventure Camp where every day is a different adventure—mastering mountain biking, climbing a local crag, hiking a trail, paddling a canoe or kayak. Campers take skills learned one year and then add to them the next, creating a virtuous cycle that teaches not only outdoor skills but also good communication and self-awareness.
- At the end of each day, pictures are uploaded to a private gallery where parents can follow their adventures throughout the day.
- Avid4 Adventure is American Camp Association accredited and partners include outdoor industry leaders such as Black Diamond, Specialized Bikes, Clif Kid, Leave no Trace and many more.
Avid4 Adventure is an immersive experience that makes a deep imprint on kids, leaving them with lasting skills and new reserves of confidence they can use in all aspects of their lives. Learn more and sign up at www.avid4.com, see the full camp schedule herehttp://www.avid4.com/day-camps/colorado-camps/or call 800-977-9873. Like Avid4 Adventure’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Avid4/?fref=ts to receive updated information.
Mile High Mamas is thrilled to offer one free week of day camp at the Denver – Wash Park location for kids ages preK-7th grade. Be sure to enter below and tell us why your child would love Avid4 Adventure. You may enter as many as five times.