New Children’s Hospital Colorado South Campus Now Open in Highlands Ranch
posted by: Amber Johnson
In December 2013, Children’s Hospital Colorado opened the doors of its new South Campus in Highlands Ranch. Located at the corner of Plaza Drive and Lucent Boulevard, south of C-470, the South Campus provides kid-friendly care to families in the South Denver Metro Area.
What services are available?
The new location offers a wide range of expert pediatric care, including urgent care, outpatient specialty clinics, inpatient and surgery care, along with imaging and diagnostic services.
My child is prone to broken bones and allergies – do they have urgent care?
Yes. The South Campus offers the only 24/7 pediatric urgent care in the area, with urgent care staff that are specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine.
What helps make the hospital experience less stressful?
No one likes a trip to the hospital, which is why we’ve done everything possible to make the new South Campus kid-, sibling- and family-friendly. Within the facility you’ll find play areas, short-term sibling care, a family hospitality area, a cafeteria/coffee shop and a Ronald McDonald House Family Room. Plus, the beautifully landscaped South Campus has an outdoor play area and patio, where families can catch a breath of fresh air while taking in panoramic views of the mountains, downtown Denver and eastern plains.
What is the scope of care at South Campus?
The full list of services includes:
- 24/7 urgent care — 22 exam rooms
- Inpatient care — 12 beds for children requiring acute care services
- Overnight sleep studies — 3 rooms
- Outpatient clinics — oncology/hematology, orthopedics, rehabilitation medicine, ophthalmology, ear, nose and throat, pulmonology, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, urology, pediatric surgery, genetics, endocrinology, adolescent gynecology, plastic surgery, dermatology, allergy, child protection team, metabolic services, family planning, breastfeeding, nutrition, pain management and the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
- Sports medicine program, including physician consults and therapy gym
- Infusion center — 10 rooms for same-day infusions
- Operating room — 3 rooms, with private recovery
- Laboratory services — lab draws and specimen processing to support patients from urgent care, inpatient, infusion, clinics and operating room (the lab will be open on Saturdays)