An Omaha Trip Giveaway Valued Over $200 (and 5 things to do in the city)
posted by: Amber Johnson
**CONTEST CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO SHIRLEAN N.!**
Looking for a great family getaway? Omaha, Nebraska is a fun and affordable city for families to visit and reconnect–and just over 500 miles from Denver. With world-class attractions, the city has something for everyone. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the best things to do in Omaha:
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium is home to the world’s largest indoor desert, above the world’s largest nocturnal exhibit, next to America’s largest indoor rainforest – and that’s only the beginning. Families can also explore the newly-renovated Scott Aquarium; meet the zoo’s newest residents – five lion cubs born in December 2012; and fly 40 feet in the air for a bird’s eye view of the zoo on Skyfari.
- The Durham Museum offers visitors a trip to the past. Climb aboard a steam train, take a look at one of the world’s rarest coin collections, and enjoy an old-fashioned phosphate at an authentic soda fountain. In 2013, the museum will also feature exhibits such as Women Who Rock, a T.Rex Named Sue and Goose Bumps: The Science of Fear.
- Omaha Children’s Museum is specifically designed with kids in mind. From a Wiggle Room geared just for children under 3 to the Little Market and Rainbow Farm for those under 5 – it’s easy to take kids and let them have fun. This year, the museum will play host to giant creepy crawlies in the upcoming exhibit “A Bugs World.”
- The Old Market is Omaha’s historic entertainment district, which appeals to both young and old families. The cobblestone streets are lined with unique boutiques, eclectic restaurants and antique emporiums. The neighborhood buzzes with musicians playing on the corner and visitors strolling around enjoying the atmosphere. Satisfy your sweet tooth at spots like Ted and Wally’s Ice Cream Parlor or Bliss Bakery – both are great for a snack that doesn’t break the bank.
- Sporting Events – If you’re into sports, Omaha has a number of teams that you can watch for just a fraction of the cost of a pro ticket. For over 60 years, Omaha has played host to the NCAA College World Series. Throughout the season, teams all across the country work for the chance to play in Omaha. Visit in the fall or winter to see the Creighton University Bluejays hit the court or the University of Nebraska – Omaha Mavericks hit the ice – both at the CenturyLink Center Omaha.
Find other Omaha hot spots at www.visitomaha.com.
Mile High Mamas is hosting an Omaha contest and the Grand Prize includes for tickets for four people to five major Omaha destinations:
- Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium (www.omahazoo.com)
- The Durham Museum (www.durhammuseum.org)
- Laurtizen Gardens (www.lauritzengardens.org)
- Omaha Children’s Museum (www.ocm.org)
- The Joslyn Museum (www.joslyn.org)
2 Adult Ts (large)
2 Adult Ts (small)
(2) Omaha coffee thermoses
(2) Omaha stuffed animals
and (1) Omaha duffel bag
Be sure to go here to enter. Contest deadline is April 25, 2013. Please note: transportation and lodging are not included.