posted by: Lori Holden
While our own Amber, editor-cum-blogathlete, is in Vancouver reporting on behalf of Microsoft Office on the Winter Games, I am here thinking about the Mama-lympics that we Mile High Mamas train for year ’round.
- Vancouver has Curling…Mile High Mamas have curling irons (to tame unruly hair).
- Vancouver has the Short Track…Mile High Mamas have short tykes (very ENERGETIC tykes).
- Vancouver has the Luge….Mile High Mamas deal with loogies.
- Vancouver has the Slalom…Mile High Mamas deal with sputum (quite a phlegm theme here).
- Vancouver has Figure Skating…Mile High Mamas have figure hating (after the ravages of child-bearing).
- Vancouver has Speed Skating…Mile High Mamas endure speed homeworking (with procrastinating kids).
- Vancouver has the Biathlon…Mile High Mamas are on the alert for Buy One Get One.
- Vancouver has Cross Country…Mile High Mamas drive crosstown (to get just the right soccer shoes).
- Vancouver has Snowboarding…Mile High Mamas have snow days (that pop up unexpectedly).
- Vancouver has Ice Dancing…Mile High Mamas have lice prancing.
- Vancouver has Hockey…Mile High Mamas launder all those sockies (always an odd number).
- Vancouver has the Ski Jump…Mile High Mamas avoid the plump with the iron they pump.
- Vancouver has the Skeleton…and so do Mile High Mamas at the end of October
- Vancouver has Freestyle Skiing…Mile High Mamas have free time. Oh, wait — scratch that.
So imagine standing on the dais as the band plays your national anthem, with your children, your spouse, your community all cheering for the way you’ve trained and performed. Bravo to the Mama-lympians!
What Mama-lympian feat should you get a medal for?