15 Fantastic Ice Cream Recipes for Summer
posted by: Melissa H.
Your whole family will love these fabulous recipes from Melissa Howell of Ice Cream and Inspiration.
Do me a favor. I’m going to say a word to you, and I want you to mentally list five things when you hear this word. Just the first five things that come to mind. Here is the word:
Which words did you think of? Sun. Vacation. Beach. Fun. Ice Cream.
I bet you anything that ice cream made your top five list. (And it had nothing to do with the fact that I already primed your brain to think “ice cream” because this whole post is about ice cream J).
The fact is, summer just wouldn’t be summer without America’s favorite, frosty treat. The great thing about ice cream is that there are so many flavor combinations to make everybody happy. Here are fifteen of my favorites.
Note: All of these recipes require the use of an ice cream maker. I recommend the Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker. It requires no ice or salt, and your ice cream will be soft-serve in 30 minutes or less. You can find this ice cream maker on Amazon, or in any major store like Walmart or Target.
- Classic Vanilla. Once you master this quintessential ice cream with only four ingredients, the world is your oyster. From here, you have an infinite possibility with toppings and add-ins.
- Classic Chocolate. This other must-make flavor is the base to all your decadent ice cream dreams.
- Mint Lover’s Ice Cream. For really hot days, you need this amazingly refreshing ice cream full of mint essential oil (you can use mint extract instead if you want) and broken Oreo cookies.
- S’mores Ice Cream. What’s better than sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows? How about eating ice cream with chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow cream. No need to worry about flaming marshmallows here!
- Are you a banana cream pie lover? I have the perfect ice cream for you! It’s Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream full of fresh bananas and broken pieces of pie crust. Top it with some whipped cream, and you’ve just transformed a classic dessert into a wonderful summer treat!
- Strawberry White Chocolate Ice Cream. Strawberry ice cream is a favorite for sure. Swirl in some white chocolate, and you’ve elevated this fresh, pink ice cream to something really special.
- Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream. Olé! This rich chocolate ice cream is made even better with cinnamon and a surprising, sneaky kick of cayenne pepper!
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Ice Cream. Raspberries are in season during the summer, and what better way to use them than in this fresh ice cream studded with dark chocolate?
- Jungle Nut Ice Cream. Bananas, chocolate, coconut and cashews make this the perfect ice cream for your little monkeys!
- Peach Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream. A peachy base is swirled with home-made blueberry sauce and then accented with a classic crumble crust.
- Chocolate Brownie Chunk Ice Cream. It’s chocolate, and then more chocolate. Just drop some brownie chunks into your smooth chocolate base, and you have a chocolate-lover’s delight.
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries are the stars in this ice cream along with a crunchy, buttery graham cracker cheesecake crust.
- Calling all German chocolate cake lovers! This German Chocolate Ice Cream has everything you love about the classic cake—walnuts, caramel, and coconut in a rich, chocolate ice cream.
- Blueberry Ice Cream. It’s purple! It’s also full of antioxidants, so it’s healthy! At least that’s what you can tell yourself as you are enjoying spoonful after spoonful.
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Enjoy the wonderful flavor and color combination of lemon and raspberry. Then balance the tartness of those fruits with a sweet cheesecake crust for pure ice cream nirvana.
For more ice cream flavors, along with recipes for toppings and add-ins, please visit Ice Cream and Inspiration.