13 Jun 2017
Father’s Day Deals, Denver Broncos, Free Concerts & More
posted by: Gretchen
My dad sort of gets the raw end of the deal. His birthday is in mid-June and often falls either on Father’s Day or so close that we celebrate it as one event. BUT, since there are so many cool things to do on Father’s Day, there is plenty of us to choose from to make it super extra special. I mean really if you on get one day – blow it out! Clearly we aren’t the only ones that believe the way to a heart of a man is through is stomach – the adage holds true for dad. We’ve got a ton of meal deals!
Denver Broncos. Get your tickets now to join the Broncos for Summer Games at Sports Authority Field on Sunday, June 25 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. For just $10 per ticket kids can play on field football activities with Broncos players, get a photo with Miles and the cheerleaders, get player autographs, football competitions, try your run at the inflatable wipeout obstacle course or the mechanical bull, climb on the climbing wall or take a ride on the kid train. Any way you slice it is it fun for the kids (and a few of us adults too).
Taco Bell. The Warriors stole a road win in the NBA finals and now you can steal your own kind of win – a Doritos Loco Taco! On June 13 from 2p.m. to 6 p.m.
AMC Deal for Teens. Beat the heat this summer with this teen #cupgrade at AMC Theaters. When you show your valid student ID and pay just $5 you get a 20 oz Icee Coke and popcorn!
DIA Putt-Putt. I plan to be at DIA a couple times this summer. If you have some time to play around, why not challenge your fellow travelers to a game of putt-putt. From June 1 to June 30 between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. try your hand at the 18-hole course on the plaza (between the Westin Hotel and the concourse). Why not? It’s FREE.
Father’s Day Specials:
· Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House (8100 E. Orchard Road, www.delfriscos.com) is the perfect place to celebrate dad with the Prime Pair. For $59 Dad can indulge in a pre-fixed menu where he can choose from a perfectly prepared 8 oz filet, Manhattan-Cut New York Strip, or Seared Salmon Fillet paired with their signature Crab Cake, plus a salad and side. It all pairs perfectly with the Blood Orange Manhattan made with smooth Redemption Rye Whiskey. Honor Dad with this legendary pairing on Father’s Day. Reservations are strongly recommended, 303-796-0100.
· Bring Dad to Ace Eat Serve (501 E 17th Ave. http://www.aceeatserve.
com) in Uptown starting at 2pm on Sunday, June 18th. Bonus for pops – a free hour of ping-pong AND free Ace socks. Ace offers indoor play in the pong hall and outdoor ping-pong tables on the expansive patio. Treat dad with the new-for-summer Paper Plane cocktail with Wild Turkey Bourbon 81, Averna Amaro, aperol and lemon. Or, go for a frozen cocktail with the Singapore Slushy – a classic sling cocktail created with Damrak Gin. Share a few apps including the always favorite Tiger Wings in sweet and salty tiger sauce or the recently added Lemongrass Meatballs served on udon noodles with hoisin and basil. The younger set eats well at Ace with pb&j bao buns, dim sum options, naked wings and shaved ice. Call 303 800 7705 for reservations.
· Postino LoHi (2715 17th Street – www.postinowinecafe.
com) is most well-known for its intriguing and approachable wine list (and rightly so!), but it deserves a nod for its draft beers, too. This Father’s Day, bring discerning dads to Postino LoHi for a glass of the recently released, exclusive Centenario Cabernet Sauvignon (with Chilean Carmenere grapes for notes of smoke and spice), or split a pitcher of draft beer, like the Victory Prima Pilsner. Even better, you can get either one for only $5 until 5 p.m. on Father’s Day (and every day!). Pair either with a cheese board or bruschetta board for variety of sharable snacks Dad will love.
· When it comes to Father’s Day, skip the necktie and give dad something he’ll really enjoy: time with his kids over a terrific burger. At 5280 Burger Bar (500 16th St. – www.5280burgerbar.com), Chef Derek Baril puts his culinary creativity to use in the brand-new burger menu with something for everyone. Dad will love the Perfect Burger, which lives up to its name with a superb pairing of Angus beef and Gruyère cheese along with pickled onions and bacon-onion jam (because who doesn’t love a little bacon on their burger?). Pair it with an exclusive 5280 Lager (a collaboration brew with local Resolute Brewing Company) or the Dad’s Smores Shaketini—a boozy, chocolatey dessert shake with house-made toasted marshmallow ice cream, shaved chocolate, graham crackers, vodka and toasted marshmallow on top.
· This Father’s Day, Punch Bowl Social (65 Broadway – http://
punchbowlsocial.com/), is right on target with some father-focused fun! Dads of all ages are invited to come in for Darts for Dads on Sunday, June 18, to try their luck on the bowling lanes or at the dart board. Every dad will get one chance to bowl a strike or three tries to score a bulls-eye. Nail it, and win a prize! Come for brunch to build your own Bloody Mary (surely one of the best things you’ve ever built with your own two hands) and pair it with Biscuits and Gravy or the new Toasted Western Sandwich. Plus, enjoy $2 old man cans and $5 old fashioned cocktails all day long. After the feast, show your kids you’ve still got game during a round of ping-pong, pinball or foosball, and feel free to shout “Who’s yo daddy?!” as much as you like. You’ve earned it. Call 303-765-2695 for reservations.
· Forget the sad necktie and sappy card on Father’s Day; instead, take in a Rockies game with Dad and on the way home stop in at Vesta (1822 Blake St. – www.vestadenver.com) where the LoDo favorite is opening for an early Happy Hour at 4pm on Father’s Day. Dads can sip on a free craft draft to celebrate the big day, and a special of-the-moment Baseball Cut Ribeye will be offered on the menu for the evening to continue to the baseball and beer theme. We also recommend the aptly named Well Respected Man cocktail for Dad, a well-balanced sipper with Peach St. bourbon, Contratto rosso vermouth, a splash of Campari and Lustau Palo cortado sherry.
· The upscale casual Del Frisco’s Grille (100 St. Paul St. – www.delfriscosgrille.
com/cherry-creek) in Cherry Creek is featuring three things they do best: Beef, Bourbon and Brunch. First, a juicy, grilled to perfection Father’s Day 18 oz. 28-day Bone-In Dry-Aged Strip Steak. Hand selected and dry aged in-house on the bone, the special is available all weekend starting on Friday June 16 and can be washed down with the special Gentleman’s Mule cocktail, a Father’s Day twist on the classic mule made with a manly helping of bourbon with fresh squeezed orange juice, topped with ginger beer and mint. Finally, The Grille team knows Denver loves brunching, so they’re expanding brunch to both weekend days for the holiday, offering the entire brunch menu in addition to the specials, and also offering the entire dinner menu all day on Father’s Day so dad can eat like a king all day long.
· Wild Standard Boulder – This Father’s Day, Wild Standard is celebrating dad with a variety of brunch food and drink specials. The Wild Mary is just one of many dad favorites and is made with Loveland-based Spring 44 vodka, house made bloody Mary mix and choices of crab claws, shrimp and/or Chunu oysters as garnishes. Before ordering an entrée, the restaurant’s raw bar is the perfect place to start. Sustainably sourced crab legs, mussels, oysters and cocktail shrimp will make dad feel like he’s dining on the coast. Dinner entrees will include beer pairings created by the restaurant’s resident beer expert.
· Colterra Niwott – This small-town gem is the perfect location for a leisurely brunch on the patio. Chef Bradford Heap is preparing a $45 3-course prix fixe brunch using herbs and produce from the restaurant’s very own garden. A children’s (12 and under) version of the brunch will be just $21. Father’s with a sweet tooth will love finishing things off with the restaurant’s signature Grand Marnier Beignets and Northwest Passage cocktail with wild roots raspberry cordial, fresh lemon juice and llanllyr lemonade.
· Uncorked Kitchen. Littleton – June 17 from 10am-1pm: Family Day Out: Father’s Day Brunch, $100 (per pair). Need some inspiration to drag Dad out of bed? Rather than just going out to brunch, join us for this special family day out and bring the family together through the creation of a hearty brunch that’ll be sure to get his mouth watering! Don’t worry about making breakfast in your kitchen, not to mention dirtying every dish you own. Instead, spend the morning making memories and sit down to a great brunch together. Price is per pair of attendees. Odd numbered groups available to purchase via phone. Must be 6+ years old and attend with an adult.
· Romano’s Macaroni Grill will be hosting a mega discount for Father’s Day. The restaurant group will be offering 25% off all electronic gift cards from June 12 – 18
FREE Concerts. Check out our list of concerts for every day of the week. Here is a peek at this week’s awesome free summer concert series at different area locations.
· Tuesday, June 13 – Black Ice at Crescent Ampitheater at Belleview and DTC Blvd.
· Wednesday, June 14 –The Long Run on Pearl Street in Boulder (by the courthouse)
· Wednesday, June 14 – Funkaphino at the Streets of Southglenn
· Wednesday, June 14 – Michael Friedman at Littleton Courthouse
· Thursday, June 15 – Buckstein in Highlands Ranch (Quebec and University)
· Thursday, June 15 – Denver Jazz Club in Clement Park
· Thursday, June 15 – That Eighties Band at FlatIron Crossing
· Thursday, June 15 – Slopeside at City Center Englewood
· Thursday, June 15 – Thornton City Band in Thornton
· Friday, June 16 – John Weeks Band in Belmar in Lakewood
· Friday, June 16 – Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Louisville Street Fair
· Saturday, June 16 – Wendy Woo Band at Twenty Ninth Street Live! In Boulder.
FREE Movies. We have also compiled a list of free outdoor movies. This week’s movies include: June 16 take the kids to see Secret Life of Pets at Stapleton at Dark and on June 17 watch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at Quebec Place at Fairmount
Colorado Springs Deals. Welcome to the 14K Club – a brand new collection of exclusive deals at 18 top attractions in the Pikes Peak region. If you plan on spending any time at all in the Pikes Peak region this summer, the 14K Club is an absolute MUST. Membership is just $7 for adults and $5 for kids. Visit http://www.pikes-peak.com/14k-club/ to join.
JeffCo Fair & Festival. The fun event at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds will be back again this August (and makes an awesome gift for dad). Fun concerts all weekend, 4-H exhibits, rodeo, tons of special events and vendors. This is one you don’t want to miss! Get your tickets now. For more information visit: http://www.celebratejeffco.
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
You may also like