Macaroni Grill’s Chicken Parmesan Recipe
posted by: Guest Blogger
This is one birthday celebration wen can get behind: Macaroni Grill shares their famous Chicken Parmesan recipes in celebration of their birthday! The recipes includes a Milanese-style breadcrumb Parmesan mixture that coats fresh, hand-pounded chicken breast which is then topped with Pomodorina sauce made from handpicked Emilia Romagna tomatoes in Northern Italy and Buffalo Mozzarella from the Lupara family farm in Vitulazio, Italy.
The entrée is then served with a side of bronze-cut capellini imported from the Pastificio Guido Ferrara family just outside Naples, Italy, who has been making them since 1883. Macaroni Grill’s culinary team prepares each guest’s dish cooked to order in its own sauté pan in an open kitchen so guests can see the ingredients and preparation techniques in action.
- Canola Oil, 2 fl oz
- Butter, Unsalted, 1 Tablespoon
- Chicken Breast Seasoned Panko Breaded, 8-ounce breast
- Sea Salt, 1/8 tsp
- Black Pepper, 1/8 tsp
- Pomodorina Sauce, 2 cups
- Mozzarella, Shredded, 1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese, Grated 1 tsp
- Roasted Grape Tomatoes, 6 pieces
- Capellini Pasta, Dry Bronze Cut 16 oz
- Basil Leaf, Torn 3 ea
- ***Fresh Grated Parmesan & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper***
- Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- Panko Bread Crumbs, 2 cups
- Oregano, Fresh Chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Rosemary, Fresh Chopped,1 teaspoon
- Parsley, Italian Fresh Chopped,1 Tablespoon
- Sea Salt,1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, Fresh Cracked, 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan, Cheese Grated, 1 cup
- In a large heated sauté pan, add canola oil and butter, heat to a foam.
- Add breaded chicken breast and cook just until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and top chicken with 1 cup Pomodorina sauce, evenly distributed over chicken.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of chicken. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Place 6 pieces of roasted grape tomatoes on top of chicken.
- Place chicken in a 450°F oven until the cheese begins to turn golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking in oven, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Reserve some pasta water to add to sauce if needed.
- Place 1 cup Pomodorina sauce and a 1 basil leaf in a heated sauté pan, add the drained pasta.
- Toss well and place capellini on a platter and shingle chicken parmesan on top of pasta.
- Tear 2 basil leaf, fresh black pepper and grated parmesan over chicken.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Bread chicken with flour, egg wash and seasoned panko bread crumbs.