11 Apr 2017
Deals: Free Easter Events, Kids Gear & More
posted by: Gretchen
I was at a lunch last week with a friend – I was reminded how I have been frugal for my whole life. I have always looked for and delighted in getting an awesome deal. Do you think that being frugal can honestly be something that is inbred?
Easily Sell Your Kids Gear Without the Hassle. Denver-based Good Buy Gear is a trusted marketplace that enables parents to be as efficient as possible, own less but best, and give things in general a long life. The marketplace is centered around the customer journey, rather than a single transaction. They know what your children need, when they need it, and can find a new home for their gear when it’s time. You simply take a picture of the item and they take care of the rest. Good Buy Gear does the pricing, collects payment, picks up the item and delivers it to the buyer. The result is improved safety (no sketchy meet-ups with strangers), reliable payment, unmatched convenience and a clean shopping experience.
Rubio’s Coastal Grill, the fast casual restaurant known for popularizing the fish taco in the U.S., is opening a brand new location in Littleton. The restaurant (located at 111 W. Mineral Ave. on the corner of W. Mineral and S. Broadway) opens Thursday, April 13 and the first fifty guests to visit on opening day will receive free Rubio’s merchandise and $50 in Rubio’s gift cards.
Target. I don’t usually shop for my groceries at Target but due to a shortened timeline and a necessity to get some other stuff at Target – I did. What was cool was when I checked out because I had more than $50 the cashier gave me $10 off! Yep, just gave me the discount! She said it goes through this Sunday. Happy Spring indeed!
National Parks Week. To celebrate National Parks Week – the parks are giving free entrance the weekends flanking the week. That means go for free this weekend – April 15 & 16 as well as the following weekend – April 22 & 23!
7-Eleven. This whole week (Through April 16) when you buy a Slurpee you get one of equal or smaller size for FREE!
Easter Activities. See our event calendar for additional activities!
· On Friday, April 14, the Outlets at Castle Rock invites you to celebrate Easter and the arrival of spring during the most important meal of the day – breakfast! Perfect for kids of all ages (and kids-at-heart), the morning will include free pancakes from Flippin’ Flapjacks, face painting, a magic show and a visit from the Easter Bunny. Following breakfast from 9-10 a.m., attendees will have the opportunity to shop for new spring looks around the center at savings of up to 30-70% off retail prices.
· Also on Friday, April 14 at 5:30 p.m. your kids can literally dive into an egg hunt at Buchannan Pool (32003 Ellingwood Trail, Evergreen, 720-880-1100) for their annual egg hunt in the pool!
· Egg hunting is not just for little bitty kids – Friday, April 14 Northglenn Rec Center will host a flashlight egg hunt. When the hunt is complete the party is not over! There will be DJ and fun inflatables (There is a minimal cost of $6 per resident).
· Saturday, April 15 there are a slew of Easter Egg hunts one likely near you – many put on by a city! Highlands Ranch Recreation Center (10 a.m); Jared Nursery in Littleton; Golden (10 a.m.) – one at Prospect Park and one at Parfet Park; Mayfair Park (10 a.m); Governor’s Ranch; Wilmore Outdoor Center (10a.m.); Colorado Christian University (11 a.m.); Broomfield (11:30 a.m.); Wash Park Rec Center (noon); Tears-McFarlane House (1 p.m.)
· Don’t miss the biggest Easter Egg Hunt possibly in the state at Copper Mountain! They have these really cool Yowie eggs this year with chocolate – but also with a small toy animal inside. The toy has an information sheet that explains the endangered animal!
· Bass Pro Shops has fun through the entire weekend. The fun includes photos with the bunny, crafts and an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday starting at 2 p.m. (register as early as 1:30).
Promise Movie. Empires fall, love survives. You and a guest are invited to a special advance screening of THE PROMISE on Monday, April 17th in Denver. Visit www.gofobo.com/
MileHighPromise to download your complimentary passes for 2. (Passes do not guarantee admission as theater is overbooked. ARRIVE EARLY!) #KeepThePromise in theaters April 21st
ChickFilA. I love that Chick Fil A is trying to get us to see them as a breakfast place which means that there are a lot of opportunities for FREE breakfast! Every Wednesday in April from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. you can try a new breakfast item. No strings attached and it is available for both dine in and drive thru.
Burger King. Burger King wants in on the breakfast crowd too! They are offering three pancakes for just 89 cents! (For a limited time).
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
You may also like