Summer Camp at the J: Arts, Sports, and More!
posted by: Guest Blogger
School is almost out and our JCC camp staff have been busy getting ready for another summer full of adventure and fun at the J. Whether your kid is an artist, an actor, an athlete, or just wants to have a blast this summer, the JCC Denver has something for everyone.
Camp Shai & Shai Sports provide engaging activities for kids in kindergarten–tenth grade that spark their imagination, provide instruction to develop skills, and inspire them to celebrate their individuality. Our campers create lifelong friendships during the day and leave camp every night with a new song to sing and exciting story to tell. This summer, we’re offering:
- Specialty Camps – Camp Inc. is for the budding entrepreneur and Camp Ekar Farm will teach you what you need to know about urban farming.
- Extended Care – Sunrise care from 8:00 – 9:00 am and Sunset care from 4:00–6:00 pm
- Transportation – Camp Shai provides busing to camp and home each day from Stapleton and down south at both Cherry Creek High School and Temple Sinai to accommodate families in the greater Denver area.
- Swimming – Summer is about being outside and at the pool. Camp Shai provides both swimming lessons and free swim multiple times throughout the week.
- Shai Sports – For campers who want more specialized instruction, Shai Sports offers young athletes a morning filled with soccer, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, or baseball and swimming and activities in the afternoon. See our listings for what sports are offered each week.
- Inclusion – Camp Shai serves all campers and provides 1:1 support for campers with special needs.
MACC Art & Theatre Academies offer creative kids pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade a place to explore their interests, meet new friends, and express themselves artistically–all under the guidance of professional working artists. Some of our offerings for this summer are:
- Full mainstage productions for both teen actors and technicians: My Fair Lady, Pippin, Macbeth
- For preschoolers, we have morning creative drama that can be paired with a creative play afternoon option (complete with crafts, games and a nap/rest time)
- Playmaking and Workshop productions of Harry Potter, Charlotte’s Web, The Wizard of Oz, The Lion King, and much more for 1-6 graders.
- For creative teens we are offering specialty classes film-making, photography, wheel-throwing, Special FX makeup.
- Portrait drawing, ceramics, painting, and multimedia classes for every age group.
Both camps will be held at Graland Country Day School weeks 2 – 10. Weeks 1 and 11 will be held at the JCC in Denver. We’re so excited about this incredible facility with lots of additional space, beautiful sports fields, and a big gymnasium for us to play in.
There’s a lot happening at the J, and we’d love for your family to be a part of it this summer. For more information, or to register for any of our summer camps, please visit jccdenver.org/family/camps