Killer Deals for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month
posted by: gretchen
I’m sort of amazed at how few people from Colorado actually ski/snowboard. Most of the time, the people that are excited to be on the slopes are those that have moved from somewhere else. I’m not certain if it is the perception that skiing is expensive or a hassle (it can be – but you can also score deals, spend great family time together, get exercise and more). And some people don’t do it because they never learned how. January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month – so take advantage of these great deals and learn a new sport that can be enjoyed with the whole family. Then when you out of town guests come to town and want to go skiing you will be able to show them how!
Junior Trade Program. The best deal in town for kid’s equipment is the Junior Ski Trade program at Colorado Ski and Golf (Ski and Sport/Boulder Deals) locations. The easy-on-the-budget program provides deeply discounted prices on full set-ups (skis, bindings, poles, boots, safety check) for both new and used equipment for children and teens who take advantage of this annual update program. The advantage: annual exchange of equipment “grows” with the kids allowing them to be in the right-sized boots and right sized ski or snowboard. The cost for the entire first season on used equipment starts at $99.99 or starting at $199.99 for a brand new equipment set-up. (Normal single day rental is typically somewhere around $30). For every subsequent season the child participates in Junior Trade through Colorado Ski & Golf, customers get a 50 percent in-store credit on their initial purchase price towards updated and re-fitted gear. Early birds get the widest selection of sizes and brands. The program is available to youth snowboarders at a slightly higher price.
Ski Area Programs, Deals and Fun:
- Arapahoe Basin – First timer lessons (1/2 day) Adult (15+) tickets including lesson are just $70. http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/lessons/lssm.aspx#sthash.FOv3MjV3.dpuf
- Aspen/Snowmass – A true family adventure. For $405 you can get a full day lesson for up to 5 people. The whole family can get a lesson together. https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-your-stay/lessons/buttermilk-deluxe
- Copper Mountain – Ski and Ride University at Copper has an amazing offer. Three lessons (including lift tickets, equipment, close parking and lunch on the 2nd and 3rd days) for $249. After you complete the three lessons – you get a Copper pass for the remainder of the year and an opportunity to buy a season pass for NEXT year at 50% off! Serious DEAL! (The current day rate for one day, just the lift ticket is $150.)
- Eldora Mountain Resort – Eldora is offering two different options. One for kids. One for adults. For the kids, The Start with Woodward Children’s Learn to ski package. At just $159 the day includes a full day lift ticket, all day rental, all day lesson with snacks. The adult package is $149 it includes lift ticket, all-day equipment rental and a ½ day lesson (3.5 hours).
- Keystone – Colorado Residents that took advantage of the Epic School Kids program (free for Kindergarten through 5th Graders – but registration closed in October) can get their free lesson this month. Adults can take advantage of the Adult Novice Ski lesson Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal. This deal makes it just over $115 a day (Normal walk-up rate for Keystone is close to $130 for just the lift ticket. https://www.keystoneresort.com/plan-your-trip/ski-and-ride-lessons.aspx
- Loveland – All first timer adults and children will receive a free season pass when they complete three Level 1 lessons. http://skiloveland.com/rentals-lessons/3-class-pass/.#sthash.FOv3MjV3.dpuf
- Monarch – Probably one of the least expensive deals that we have found is the Monarch group lesson at just $55 for ½ day junior group lesson (junior is for kids ages 7-12). skimonarch.com/group-lessons/
- Purgatory – For packages starting at just $74 you get two days of lift tickets, rental gear and full day beginner lessons. On the third day, you get a free lift ticket, 50% off rental gear and 50% off a half-day lesson. You also get a 50% off discount card on lift tickets, rentals and lessons for the rest of the season.
- Steamboat – (Where I learned when I was in elementary school). Get two days of lessons, rentals and lift tickets for just $199 January 9-31. This offer is good for adults and kids older than first grade. https://www.steamboat.com/plan-your-trip/lessons/snowsports-school/2-day-learn-to-ski-or-ride.#sthash.FOv3MjV3.dpuf
- Sunlight – January 6, Sunlight will celebrate it’s 30th Annual Skier Appreciation Day with $20 lift tickets (all ticket proceeds go to United Way of Garfield County). And take advantage of their Teacher/Studen Appreciation Day on Sunday, January 10 with free lift tickets for teachers and $20 lift tickets for students. sunlightmtn.com.#sthash.FOv3MjV3.dpuf
5th and 6th Grade Passport. Colorado Ski Country is still offering the 5th and 6th Grade Passport. If you have a student in 5th or 6th grades. You can get the best deal in the state! FREE Skiing/Snowboarding (for the 5th graders) Yes, we said FREE! Or just $125 if they are in 6th Grade. In addition to the skiing at the 21 member resorts you get a FREE beginner level lesson which includes equipment rental on the day of the lesson! Sign up online before the end of January.
Email me if you know of any great Denver deals!
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
If you’re on Twitter follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.
Photo: Colorado Ski Country USA at Arapahoe Basin.