Klement’s Sausage: Win a prize pack of their artisan sausages!
posted by: Amber Johnson
One of the awesome things about being a part of Mile High Mamas is we’re often privy to new products as they’re released in Colorado.
Case in point: Klement’s authentic European handcrafted sausage. I’ve come to know the hard way that not all sausages are created equally and we’ve become a big fan of Klement’s gluten-free, naturally hardwood-smoked sausages that have no MSG added but plenty of flavor. A few of our favorites include their Snack Sticks, Summer Sausages, and Precooked European Traditions Dinner Links.
Established in 1956, this family-founded company boasts three generations of artisan sausage makers. It has grown from a small sausage kitchen to one of the largest producers of fine, Old World sausage products. Made is small batches with 100% quality ingredients (only premium cuts of beef and pork), their products are NOT co-extruded (a continuous process typically used to cut costs) when the sausage meat is pumped through an inner tube on a machine, while alginate (a gel formed from algae that is used as a substitute meat casing) is pumped around the sausage. Sadly, many of the sausage market leaders in the U.S. use this process but not Klement’s sausage…and it shows in the flavor.
A few ways we’ve loved munching down on Klement’s this summer:
- We’ve done some boating with our family and it’s fast and easy to throw their Snack Sticks in our cooler along with drinks. It’s a simple way to get a burst of protein after a long day on the lake.
- Serve Klement’s as an appetizer before your next meal…or the next day for snacks. It tastes marvelous with crackers and cheese.
- Lazy mom confession: we often have them for lunch, along with fruit. One can only handle so many sandwiches, right?
- I love to chop them up and throw them in my summer salads (pasta and even potato salads work marvelously) or a marinara sauce.
- When school starts next month, we’ll make our own (much healthier) lunchables with the Summer Sausages. For quick, on-the-go lunches, throw in a Snack Stick.
- Two words: pizza topping!
Klement’s sausages are now available at Walmarts across the Denver metro area. Their snack sticks and summer sausages can also be found at Amazon.com.