Picky Eaters? This Recipe for TaterTot Casserole is Sure To Impress Any Kid! The Ultimate Kid-Approved Meal!
posted by: Lindsie
Being a cook at a daycare has taught me two things:
1. even the pickiest eaters LOVE tater tots, and
2. kids like anything in a casserole. Thus… TaterTot Casserole. What I love about this recipe is that it is easy to hide vegetables inside without your kids even knowing that they are in there! Bonus. What’s the benefit for mom? Easy clean up. I used one pan, one bowl, one spoon and one casserole dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened (or whipped)
- 2 lbs tater tots
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, add 1 tbsp oil and heat until shimmering. Add ground beef.
- Season ground beef with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Cook 5-8 minutes, or until cooked. Drain off fat and place in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup to ground beef and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour meat mixture into a casserole dish in an even layer.
- Top ground beef with tatertots. Make a fun pattern, or just place the tatertots in an even layer.
- Cover tatertots with shredded cheddar, and shake to allow some cheese to fall in between the tots.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bottom is bubbly.
- Serve with fresh or frozen veggies and some fruit!
Love it and want some more kid friendly recipes? Check out my list of the Ultimate Kid Approved Meals!