Denver Deal: Black Friday’s Best Deals 2012
I know everyone has been telling me all my life the term Black Friday comes from the idea that stores sell so much on that day – that it literally turns their accounting from red to black. However, I am a believer that Black Friday is referring to the sky. Most of the stores open well past bedtime or before any normal living thing should be awake.
I am OVERWHELMED with all the great deals out there. Many of the stores and online shopping is happening already – long before Black Friday. But never fear, there are plenty more out there!
Buy the day before
I actually tested this one last year. My kids really wanted a particular video game that I knew would be going on sale (more on the sneak peek websites in a bit). I purchased the video on Tuesday before Thanksgiving then took my receipt to the customer service counter on BF morning* and had them “price adjust.” Which meant they credited back the difference between the price I paid and the sale price. Plus, I didn’t have to be there at 6 a.m and fight someone for the one left.
*You do have to show up before the price changes again – at many stores that is 11 a.m. or noon.
Amazon.com, has Black Friday Lightning Deals on everything from leading electronics to the most anticipated toys will begin running today through November 24.
Shopping online may be more convenient – but not necessarily cheaper. Target and Best Buy will offer price-matching for online deals this holiday season.
Get the App
There are several Apps that will make shopping easier. Black Friday by Fat Wallet for iPhone. DealNews has catalogued the Black Friday ads from just about every major retailer. DealCatcher, this app lets users search for products, notifies shoppers when new ads are posted and lets users save their favorite deals for later. Bradsdeals.com, also has a Black Friday app that lets users compare prices and look at copies of the flyers retailers have sent out to show off Black Friday deals. TheFind lets you scan products and find the cheapest price near you and compares that to prices online.
Gifts HD is a mobile app for iOS that helps you keep track of who you’ve bought gifts for already.
- Aeropostale: 60% off all merchandise!
- Forever 21: Get 30% off select sweaters priced $24.80 and up, as well as pre black Friday deals from $1-$15.
- H&M: The first 100 people will receive scratch-offs worth up to $300! Other deals include fashion finds from $5.
- Motherhood Maternity: $50 restaurant.com certificate when you spend $75 or more
- Old Navy: The first customers in line will receive $25 dollar coupons! Deals of the day include fleece half-zips for the family for $15, jeans $15, women’s boots $12, as well as $10-off and $50-off Coupons.
- Target: There will be two waves of door busters! The first one starts at 9pm on Thanksgiving with offerings like Canon Camera for $89.99. The second door buster starts at 4am. Score items like Barbie Furniture set for $35, or a KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer for $199.
- Restoration Hardware at Castle Rock Outlets 25% off everything in the store on Nov. 21 (preShop).
- Gordman’s: 25% off everything you can fit in the bag (MHM will also host a $25 gift card giveaway).
- DealBoutique (the gift cards inside KingSoopers): discounts on select cards ie. $100 gift card to California Pizza Kitchen for just $80.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Purchase $100 in Gift Cards and receive (2) $20 Rewards Cards!
- Buffalo Wild Wings:Buy a $25 gift card get a bonus card which can be worth up to $100.
- Bath & Body Works: Get a free item with any purchase of $10 or more. In store use code: 8126
- Gap & Banana Republic Outlets: save up to 70% off whole store
- Walmart: Open at 8 p.m. on Nov 22 (Thanksgiving Day) offers the one-hour guarantee* on select items and a store app. The Black Friday circular showcases hundreds of brand name electronics, toys, apparel, sporting goods and items for the home –plus Walmart offers ad matchguarantee – great deals and toys for everyone on your list…including me! (Apple iPad®2 16GB with Wi-Fi – $399 plus get a $75 Walmart Gift Card). *Certain items are guaranteed to be in stock, must be in line 10 p.m to 11 p.m.
- Sports Authority – Door busters start at midnight include 50% off all balls, 25% off Under Armor sweatshirts & BOGO 1/2 off athletic shoes + first 80 people in line get bonus bucks cards valued up to $500.
- Garbanzo’s Mediterranean Grill – Free meal for your BFF (Black Friday Friend) BOGO meal.
- JCP: Get your free button from a team member. Register the promo code found on the button at jcp.com/christmas to see if you have won. (prizes include trips, gifts and more).
Wrap that up. Grab me a coffee….looks like I’m gonna be pulling an all-nighter.
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
You can also follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.