Denver Deal: Trick or Treat Streets, Cici’s, Michael’s & more
As a divorced mom, I relish the time away from my kids as much as I enjoy the time with them. When they are with me we look for some great deals and have loads of fun together. This last weekend – I spent time with my daughter taking her to TCBY and trying the new flavors (gingerbread, roasty toasty marshmallow and pumpkin). I have to tell you that the roasty toasty marshmallow was AMAZING! I loved adding chocolate chips and graham crackers for my own sort of s’mores. This coming weekend, I’m just as excited to spend some time away from my kids and instead with my girlfriends. A true girlfriends getaway just like the kind you see in movies. I was told to bring something salty and something sweet – I’m hoping the TCBY Frozen Yogurt will travel to our mountain destination well.
Hallmark Boo’d Us
Have you heard of boo baskets? Neighbors “boo” each other kind of like a May Day basket or Secret Santa. Get stuff like the Witch’s Hat door decor, My Pet Ghost or HUGE Cards at Hallmark so you can boo your neighbors! MHM readers will get 30 percent off Hallmark’s selection of Print On Demand photo cards and party plates with the online coupon code [Blog30].
CiCi’s Halloween Deal
Whole Food, Whole lot of Fun
- Denver Location (1111 S. Washington): Saturday, October 27th: Kids Pumpkin Patch Party. 12 noon to 4 p.m. FREE. Pumpkin painting, inflatables, pumpkin carving contest, samples, prizes and more!
- Cherry Creek Location: Saturday, October 27th: Kids Club Scavenger Hunt! 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. FREE. Kids will have the chance to have some fun grocery shopping and learn a few nutritional tidbits along the way. At the end of their scavenger hunt they will make their own Health Starts Here® trail mix to take home. Extra brownie points go to those who dress up in their Halloween costume!
- Tamarac Location (7400 E. Hampden, Denver): Saturday, October 27th: Fall Festival. 12 noon to 2 p.m. FREE. The event will feature kids pumpkin painting, delicious healthy samples, and Tamarac Turnips Kids Cooking Class, including recipes on fun, and healthy Halloween treats. We will make a Boo-nilla Shakes with bananas and mummy trail mix cups. Reserve your spot for the kids cooking class at the customer service desk!
Elitch Gardens’ Fright Fest
Mile High Mamas can get a special $10 off admission by entering the code MHMamas (not case sensitive) when ordering Fright Fest tickets online. (Family by day. Fright by night – keep that in mind if you have really little ones). Games, fun, treats and….most importantly, another place to show off that amazing costume!
Michael’s Arts & Crafts
Now is the time to create some fun Halloween crafts at Michael’s Arts and Crafts. Thursday, October 25 make a Halloween Visor Mask (with purchase of a visor) from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for kids 3 and up. Friday create either a fun scary clay pot (with purchase of pot) or play with Body Art from 6 p.m to 8 p.m for kids 3 and up. Saturday, October 27, DuckTap Pails or Tote event (with purchase of pail or tote), face painting and Halloween Parade from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Trick or Treating
This is the weekend to get your little candy beggars out in the cold. The good news is that there are plenty of options with some elements inside and most are free or a nominal fee:
- Trick or Treat Street at The Children’s Museum (Fri, Sat & Sun)
- Trick or Treat Street at the Colorado Railroad Museum (Sat & Sun)
- Trick or Treat Street at The Wildlife Experience (Sat & Sun)
- Bug-a-Boo at the Butterfly Pavillion (Sat & Sun)
- Trick or Treat Downtown Littleton (Saturday)
- Trick or Treat Highlands Ranch (Saturday)
- Young Colors Cherry Creek Halloween Story Time (Sat 2:30-3:30)
SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! Arapahoe Basin is open! Grab your “E”Book or Entertainment book (these are two different books) to get some serious ski lift ticket deals or plan on visiting the Colorado Ski and Snowboard Expo . If you have a 5th or 6th grader…take advantage of the two different free ski programs – School of Shred and 5th and 6th Grade Passport! Plus, Keystone Resort recently announced that kids under 12 ski free all season long (no black out dates – which is super unusual) when you stay two or more nights at a Keystone owned resort. More deals are coming in as the season is ready to get underway.
Don’t want to miss any of Mile High Mamas’ contests and events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly email newsletter so you can forward these great deals to your friends.
You can also follow me on Twitter (GeeWhy93). If I find a great deal during the week, I’ll tweet it out.